Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coordinated pension

• 06-10-2016 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I work in the public service and have paid both Class A and Class D PRSI and am therefore have a "Coordinated pension". A coordinated pension means that part of my pension comes from the Social Welfare ( state pension) and part from the occupational pension. I am eligible to retire at 60 and will not get the old age pension until 66. I should therefore be eligible for a supplemental pension to make up the shortfall until I am 66. I have been told if I retire at 60 I must apply for the Job Seekers allowance otherwise I may not be eligible for the supplemental pension.
    But when you apply for the job seekers allowance surely you have to be seeking work and if I have retired I'm not looking for a job. This seems crazy. Has anybody been through this process?

Advertisement