Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fasttech deliveries

• 06-10-2016 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

I know they are supposed to take 2-3 weeks, but I'll be hitting 3 full weeks waiting tomorrow.

Has anyone been waiting longer for deliveries from fasttech?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

What did you order? Are you sure it was in stock? I haven't ordered much from them in the past but in around 2 weeks seems to be the norm on available stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Menoetius wrote: »
    I know they are supposed to take 2-3 weeks, but I'll be hitting 3 full weeks waiting tomorrow.

Has anyone been waiting longer for deliveries from fasttech?

Yeah I've waited 4 weeks and longer for orders. There great when it's things you don't need fast. Sometimes I get a parcel and I've forgotten what's in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

Depends on the order the last order I placed and a mate of mine placed took 10days to get here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I average around 3 weeks from dispatch.

It's great for bits and bobs but watch out for Mr. Customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

I got a letter from the Athlone mails centre, had to e-mail them a copy invoice, they say it will be forwarded once received and the delivery guy will collect import duties (no idea how much yet) and 7 euro postal fees.

It was just an istick pico and 2 18650 batteries.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any idea of the rough amount of duties?

pretty annoyed as I presumed the delivery fee I paid to fastech meant it was paid through to my door!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

It will be €7 + 23% of the invoice total.

When ordering outside the EU you are always liable for import duties. Sometimes they stop packages - sometimes they don't. Also remember an iStick Pico + 2 bats would set you back €60 in Ireland

Stung!!!
    The postal service mailed me to say between duties and postal "service" I have to pay Euro19 on delivery.

This was for the istick pico mega kit, plus two batteries worth usd59.

Worth bearing in mind when comparing fasttech prices with others.

Is this normal? I haven't notice anyone mention this when discussing fasttech orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

Happens about 10% of the time - mega kit & bats would have cost €80 over here.
    You win some you lose some ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

I got a letter from the Athlone mails centre, had to e-mail them a copy invoice, they say it will be forwarded once received and the delivery guy will collect import duties (no idea how much yet) and 7 euro postal fees.

It was just an istick pico and 2 18650 batteries.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any idea of the rough amount of duties?

pretty annoyed as I presumed the delivery fee I paid to fastech meant it was paid through to my door!

From Revenu.ie
    C. Consignments of Negligible Value
    Consignments not exceeding an intrinsic value of €150 may be imported from outside the EU without payment of Customs Duty. Intrinsic value is the value of the goods alone and does not include insurance and freight). Consignments not exceeding a total customs value of €22 may be imported without payment of VAT. (Customs value is the value of the goods plus insurance and freight (which includes postage costs (CIF value). However, there is no relief (from Customs Duty, Excise Duty, other duties or VAT) under this negligible value provision for importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcohol products, perfumes or toilet waters irrespective of their value.

VAT liability amounting to less than or equal to €6 will not be collected. No similar rule applies in the case of Customs Duty or Excise Duty.

I split orders to keep the value of the shipment below 22 where possible and I don't get hit. I think it will be vat you will have to pay so 23%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Just over 3 weeks any time I ordered (and keep the order under €22)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

Some great info here. My order (which coincidentally is €21.64) was made maybe 5 days ago, only shipped today. They said everything was in stock?

Seems like there's zero reason not to split orders. Free post, and you'll likely end up getting some items faster than others.

Only ordered from them once before and it took exactly 3 weeks from the day I ordered it.

Any codes active at the mo?

What id you want to buy a mod, or say, a phone on there? You're very likely to be hit by customs these days? What if you were to use your PM or AP UK address? Would that avoid it?

You can somewhat reduce your customs risk by avoiding any of the direct China post services and have in sent via Swiss or Sweden post. They will still mark it as coming from outside the EU but I've not seen any packages be hit with customs this way compared to even under €25 packages through China post services.

I bought the Tesla nano mod from Gearbest, and as I was in the middle of a move I used Addresspal so I could just pick it up from the post office. That was just under €40 and had no issues. That's what has me wondering if the UK addresses work every time, as the UK don't get hit for customs like we do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

You might have to wait up to 2 and a half months if its out of hong kong.
    If its out of singapore expect it any day now.

And good luck with customs

Hi all, I was looking at the silicon covers for the stick pico mega, usd1.55 in total.

would you still get stung with the "postal fees" on delivery on this?

last time I had to pay duty due to the high value, but was also hit with a 7 euro "postal fee".

Can anyone shed some light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hi all, I was looking at the silicon covers for the stick pico mega, usd1.55 in total.

last time I had to pay duty due to the high value, but was also hit with a 7 euro "postal fee".

I think for that amount you should be fine. I ordered €50 worth of stuff about 2 and a half weeks ago now so expecting to either get my delivery early next week or a letter from customs

You have no problem. Even if customs hold your package you can show that what you paid was within the limits and they will release it with no cost to you. I've had to do this a few times but I try to keep any China purchases under €25, they have free ship so I split my orders up - easy.

Great stuff thanks all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

8mm wrote: »
    You have no problem. Even if customs hold your package you can show that what you paid was within the limits and they will release it with no cost to you. I've had to do this a few times but I try to keep any China purchases under €25, they have free ship so I split my orders up - easy.

I ordered a mod for €60 due next week so I'm expecting my first letter from customs :(

• Advertisement

Ordered 4th of October. Starting to think I'd be better off just paying the actual price and getting the items. Can't even remember what I ordered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Should be called Slowtech, I've never had a delivery less that a month, usually more.

lensman wrote: »
    Should be called Slowtech, I've never had a delivery less that a month, usually more.

Yeah I ordered 12th Oct so coming up on 3 and a half weeks now. Did you order anything recently? Probably wouldn't have ordered if I'd known it'd take this long

chipfox wrote: »
    Ordered 4th of October. Starting to think I'd be better off just paying the actual price and getting the items. Can't even remember what I ordered

Did yours arrive yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

You forget that your not paying shipping. For me to order from Dublin costs 3.50/4 Euro. From UK it can be £10 for some places. From China? Free?!? Wha? I'll take the free shipping please and wait. There are options to use courier services when ordering from fasttech. Probably would only take 5/6 days but I'd rather not pay 40 Euro to have my 8 Euro clone rda posted to me. I've never been dissapointed with fasttech, once you accept the delivery times.

Did yours arrive yet?
    Nope.

I don't except it to be fast or anything, but a month is a long time. Honestly don't even remember what I ordered now

Got the dreaded letter from customs. Have to send receipt so they can calculate import charges. You win some you lose some I guess. Stuff I bought will probably still work out cheaper than buying it here. Only thing is it's awkward having to pay on delivery as I'm getting it delivered to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Got the dreaded letter from customs. Have to send receipt so they can calculate import charges. You win some you lose some I guess. Stuff I bought will probably still work out cheaper than buying it here. Only thing is it's awkward having to pay on delivery as I'm getting it delivered to work

I'm expecting the same letter next week :(

So with order of $48.52 had to pay €16.50(€7 An Post fee and rest VAT@23%) extra. Not too bad, saved maybe €20. I wasn't in a rush to get the items so would probably order again if I was in same situation

• Advertisement

€7 An Post fee

Is it ok that I'm annoyed for you ;)

Advertisement