Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fasttech deliveries

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

I ordered a few bits on Oct 12th and got the customs letter last Friday (Nov 11th). I deliberately kept the order under €22. It worked out at $22.50 but I noticed that the letter stated that all tobacco related products are liable. I assume that Customs don't classify vaping products as tobacco related? I just e-mail them a copy of the paypal transaction to show that the order was under €22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

cocoman wrote: »
    I noticed that the letter stated that all tobacco related products are liable. I assume that Customs don't classify vaping products as tobacco related

Yeah I've seen this on the customs site and wondered if it was going to be an issue with the TPD and therefore no minimum value allowance.

Doesn't seem to be a problem so far though maybe it will come down to nicotine containing products like liquids.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 irish_investr

Wanted an eLeaf iCare (cheap plastic but very portable, at least compared to my fave SMOK OnePlus) and ordered from Fasttech. After 2 months, a mail: stopped by customs. Ordered 2 more, to two different addresses - another 5 or 6 weeks - both stopped by customs.
    Seems like customs has a problem with this particular item - I have no problems getting plenty of other stuff from fasttech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Wanted an eLeaf iCare (cheap plastic but very portable, at least compared to my fave SMOK OnePlus) and ordered from Fasttech. After 2 months, a mail: stopped by customs. Ordered 2 more, to two different addresses - another 5 or 6 weeks - both stopped by customs.
    Seems like customs has a problem with this particular item - I have no problems getting plenty of other stuff from fasttech.

That is strange,devices with built in batteries might be alerting the Customs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Wanted an eLeaf iCare (cheap plastic but very portable, at least compared to my fave SMOK OnePlus) and ordered from Fasttech. After 2 months, a mail: stopped by customs. Ordered 2 more, to two different addresses - another 5 or 6 weeks - both stopped by customs. Seems like customs has a problem with this particular item - I have no problems getting plenty of other stuff from fasttech.

The inbuilt battery maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

moleyv wrote: »
    The inbuilt battery maybe?

:D:D:D:D Great minds think alot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So if I order an item that is under 22euro, it gets stopped by customs and then I send on proof of item cost do I still have to pay the 7euro admin charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Never had any customs issues with batterys/mods from china although sellers do limit the shipping options to Chinapost,PostNL or Singapore post, DHL is never offered, I recently got 2 of these from fasttech & they arrived fine.

lensman wrote: »
    Never had any customs issues with batterys/mods from china although sellers do limit the shipping options to Chinapost,PostNL or Singapore post, DHL is never offered, I recently got 2 of these from fasttech & they arrived fine.

Was actually thinking about getting one of them, how does automatic wattage work? I get that it changes according to battery level so does that mean it is default 30w at full charge and then drops as the battery level drops?

Was actually thinking about getting one of them, how does automatic wattage work? I get that it changes according to battery level so does that mean it is default 30w at full charge and then drops as the battery level drops?
    I got them for family members but I used one for a day or so myself to test, the leds are white when vaping fully charged, they drop to blue then red as the battery drains, didnt notice any change in the hit as it drained, Im dubious about the 30W claim because if I use my Eleaf iPower at 30W it blows the S**t out of my 1.6ohm aspire core, I would estimate they are putting out 15W max when I used it, maybe their reading the ohm value in the core & adjusting output to match. Good value all the same for around €10.BTW cigabuy are doing the Eleaf iPower 5000mAh 80W for €23 shipped from china, only 1 left :eek:

• Advertisement

lensman wrote: »
    I got them for family members but I used one for a day or so myself to test, the leds are white when vaping fully charged, they drop to blue then red as the battery drains, didnt notice any change in the hit as it drained, Im dubious about the 30W claim because if I use my Eleaf iPower at 30W it blows the S**t out of my 1.6ohm aspire core, I would estimate they are putting out 15W max when I used it, maybe their reading the ohm value in the core & adjusting output to match. Good value all the same for around €10.BTW cigabuy are doing the Eleaf iPower 5000mAh 80W for €23 shipped from china, only 1 left :eek:

Sounds perfect then cause yeah I was worried at 30w they would destroy my 1.5ohm coils

Sounds perfect then cause yeah I was worried at 30w they would destroy my 1.5ohm coils
    I actually thought one of the two I got was a lemon, wouldn't turn on & wouldn't charge, no sign of life, I left it on charge & kept my eye on it & after 15mins it came to life with red leds which changed to white when fully charged, working fine ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

I'm waiting on 3 orders from Fasttech at the moment. One was $24.84 which is €23.46 grr. The one I'm really concerned about though is a knife which I since discovered is classes as an "offensive weapon" (used to have one as a kid and it was cheap so I ordered it on a whim). I'll settle for a letter, but I'm beginning to worry that I'll have members of law enforcement at my door instead! - 7 years for importation of offensive weapons! <erk>. One of my orders only got received by singpost today but was marked shipped a month ago on Fasttech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I'd say you are going straight to prison...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I'm waiting on a pack of coils I ordered from fasttech on 14th of october.Is that the norm for them?

magentis wrote: »
    I'm waiting on a pack of coils I ordered from fasttech on 14th of october.Is that the norm for them?

You will get a better feel for when you might get it by checking the tracking on the order page at FT.

You should be able to find when the shipper got the package and when it was dispatched overseas. That's all you get though - usually around 3 weeks from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Did you choose registered post?

Whatever was free, I think all their post is registered / signed for.

edit: just realised you might be asking magentis!

8mm wrote: »
    You will get a better feel for when you might get it by checking the tracking on the order page at FT.

You should be able to find when the shipper got the package and when it was dispatched overseas. That's all you get though - usually around 3 weeks from that.

Yep it was the free post option I went for!
    On reflection I should deffo have went reg post.
    I got a few things from gearbest though again unreg and got them in 3 or 4 weeks on the 3 purchases.

There is no mention of who it was sent with,just a pic most likely China post.The gearbest stuff came woth post nl that looks to be quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

I've used loads of different postal options with FT. They're all the same, your pack has either arrived in China, has left China, or is currently in a black hole and will probably arrive between 8 and 80 weeks.

• Advertisement

chipfox wrote: »
    I've used loads of different postal options with FT. They're all the same, your pack has either arrived in China, has left China, or is currently in a black hole and will probably arrive between 8 and 80 weeks.

:pac:

Its just like those Chinese sellers on ebay so!!
    I thought they would be ok as they look like a fairly big operation,I will stick with gearbest I think in future,postnl appears to be a bit better.

Right so I got an option to pay 1 euro for some irish express post. Did that on two packages, got them both in 7 days... The last two packages I got from chinese and singapore post took 5 weeks.

Do yourselves a favour, pay the damn euro.

Right so I got an option to pay 1 euro for some irish express post. Did that on two packages, got them both in 7 days... The last two packages I got from chinese and singapore post took 5 weeks.

Do yourselves a favour, pay the damn euro.

I don't think that will work for liquids or anything with a battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Waiting a month on Tinydeal atm here. They're all the same, I swear they all use the same warehouses. I have been lucky in the past and had 10 day deliveries, but the morn is more like a month.

cocoman wrote: »
    I don't think that will work for liquids or anything with a battery.

Yeah I paid a euro extra for the delivery of a cheap mod about a month ago and still no sign

Did it cost over 22 euro? My orders I made a day apart arrived a day apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

Menoetius wrote: »
    I know they are supposed to take 2-3 weeks, but I'll be hitting 3 full weeks waiting tomorrow.

Has anyone been waiting longer for deliveries from fasttech?
    well it finally arrived last week!

15% off all Fasttech for today and tomorrow.

15% wow... Don't want or need anything. Will buy many things. Keep it below €22 lads, buy multiple packages if you must.

chipedit: I'm not see any discount??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

15% wow... Don't want or need anything. Will buy many things. Keep it below €22 lads, buy multiple packages if you must.

chipedit: I'm not see any discount??

Christmas Sale + Boxing Day Surprise! Site-wide 15% off (use code: SANTACLAUS)

Advertisement