Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documents in my possession after property sale

Options
  • 06-10-2016 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys,

I would appreciate your kind advise on the following matter.
    2 years ago I sold a house in Ireland and after that I have been renting. I was able to repay my mortgage and to get back my deposit with the sale and I put the funds into a saving account.
    I may want to buy back a house in Germany now using the above funds, however German revenue may ask me where the funds are coming from.... I do not have any document in my hands regarding the sale, my solicitor did not provide any at the time and having received the money I didn t think it was an issue.
    Was I supposed to receive anything from the sale? Shall I request anything to my solicitor or anybody else at this point?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Lippok wrote: »
    Was I supposed to receive anything from the sale? Shall I request anything to my solicitor or anybody else at this point?

Get a copy of the contract for sale and the auctioneer's sales advice note.

You could also ask the solicitor for a balancing statement, showing monies paid in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Lippok

Thanks Pat,

I appreciate your help.

The solicitor should have such copy of the contract for sale? Is gonna charge me if I ask him a copy?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I doubt that there will be a charge but you can ask.

Interestingly, I never got a final balancing account from the solicitor who handled my last purchase despite requesting one on several occasions. I think I had roughly paid all monies due (maybe overpaid), but I did state that when I paid I would collect the various papers etc. for my files...

I suspect a reluctance to provide this explains why they never finalised the account.

Advertisement