Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland vs Georgia, World Cup Qualifier, KO 7.45, RTE 2 & Sky Sports 2

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

Ireland Subs: Lawlor (GK), Rogers (GK), O'Shea, Keogh, Whelan, O'Kane, Hoolahan, Christie, Meyler, McShane, Hayes, Pearce

This was the Irish bench last night. Slightly worrying attacking wise.

I still can't get over the amount of aimless passing from players standing 2 yards away from each other. There's wasting time, and then there's that. It was so painful to watch.

It was funny we got the award last night in front of such a sparse crowd. Fitting really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The Best Fans In The World™ performing the Icelandic handclap cos they haven't got an original idea in their heads.

Lucozade Sport tifo flags being waved in front of the fans.

The cringe factor was off the scale last night.

As for on the pitch, fair play to Coleman. Persevered and got his goal. Was delighted for him. Most of the rest were an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't think the style of football last night (ugly as it was) was half as much a problem as how poorly we executed it.

I know the results have been more than acceptable which is great and anyone would have been happy with 4 from 6, so how much can we complain.

But at the same time I do feel like we've been exceptionally lucky to have that points tally and am worried that this luck will run out if we don't start performing more effectively and make our own luck.

We were truly awful like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Home from game. First half was worst I have seen Ireland play live and that includes Cyprus in 2007.

2nd half was much better. Pressed better, played more intelligent football, nothing special, but enough to win the game.

James Mcarthy was excellent as the ball winning midfielder.

I actually can't think of Ireland player who was poor tonight which is strange with 1st half we had. It was more a lack of aggression and being little disjointed in first 45min

McCarthy had an awful first half, dominated by the Georgia midfield but fair enough he improved.

I thought brady, long and walters were very poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

McCarthy hasn't played since August

crazy to ask him to anchor a team with no game time and very little training

how Houlihan wasn't introduced to try and hold onto the ball, I just don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The Best Fans In The World™ performing the Icelandic handclap cos they haven't got an original idea in their heads.

Oh you mean the Motherwell handclap cos the Icelanders haven't got an original idea in their heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Puke football at the game last night. The respect we showed Georgia in the first half was laughable. Once we pressed a bit higher in the second half, they crapped themselves, as absolutely everyone knew they would. Very lucky to get the three points but at the end of the day, that's all that matters! On to Moldova we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

Oh you mean the Motherwell handclap cos the Icelanders haven't got an original idea in their heads.

I think it's fair to call it the Icelandic clap. That's where most of the fans will know it from. Obviously, fans everywhere have been doing this a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The Best Fans In The World performing the Icelandic handclap cos they haven't got an original idea in their heads.

Lucozade Sport tifo flags being waved in front of the fans.

The cringe factor was off the scale last night.

As for on the pitch, fair play to Coleman. Persevered and got his goal. Was delighted for him. Most of the rest were an absolute disgrace.

I remember as far back as Euro 2011 that clapping Icelandic thing was done in landsowne

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I remember as far back as Euro 2011 that clapping Icelandic thing was done in landsowne

It's been done for years, obviously the people giving out have never stepped foot inside Lansdowne for an Ireland match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's been done for years, obviously the people giving out have never stepped foot inside Lansdowne for an Ireland match.

I remember something kinda similar back in the day but nothing like last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Is there an alternative to McClean and Walters out wide? You can't complain about our style of play and be happy with them playing at the same time. I like their grit but they're all for hoof ball and chasing lost causes. Brady out wide instead of McClean, maybe Hoolahan out wide right and let him drift inside? I admit we're lacking options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Is there an alternative to McClean and Walters out wide? You can't complain about our style of play and be happy with them playing at the same time. I like their grit but they're all for hoof ball and chasing lost causes. Brady out wide instead of McClean, maybe Hoolahan out wide right and let him drift inside? I admit we're lacking options.

Brady ok but would wes be able for the defensive side. I think it was kilbane on off the ball saying those wide positions in a diamond require a lot of effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭briany

TheCitizen wrote: »
    There are dodgy streams that will stream a game better. It's been like that for years but they've done nothing about it.

I know and I certainly avail of them. However, it's usually a Sky Sports job. Better than nothing, just would prefer to listen to the Irish pundits (however much others might complain about them :pac: ). No problem watching a couple of ads, but RTE never seemed to bother fixing their player for strange reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I remember something kinda similar back in the day but nothing like last night

Spot on.

For a nation full of original music/songs, embarrassing having to import crap from abroad.

No comments on the Lucozade Sport tifo flags. :o

Advertisement