Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog - whimpering

• 06-10-2016 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Bit of a problem with our 11 month old Dachshund / American Staffie mix in the past month.

My fiancee started college in the past month and was at home with the dog most of the day since up until then since we got him in early Jan this year. Also in the past 2 weeks I'm on a contract break from work (happens the odd time) so I'm at home, in the gym or in interviews.

The dog has started whimpering within minutes of being left alone when we are in the house. I'm not sure if he's doing it when we're not home. I'll play with him for say a half hour , either leave him alone in the small back yard or put him to bed in his crate in the kitchen. Within minutes he'll start. He even did it briefly when my fiancee wouldn't let him sit on her lap in the living room (he's a heavy guy).

He doesn't seem to be in pain anywhere and does the same thing regardless of us spending the day with him or not. He's also walked once a day and I play quite energetic games with him.

Any ideas what might be causing this ?

Advertisement