Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SPIDERS! \n

• 06-10-2016 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭

Anybody know what kind of spider this is, and if I should be concerned?

398585.jpg

398586.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This is the boardsilus venomous, a well known troll spider. The spider will politely leave your home if you prove an OP wrong in an AH thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That's a rat. You've got rats.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Duckbilledplatypus.

Not poisonous, but fierce good farters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

House Spider looking for sexy time.

Completely harmless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Duckbilledplatypus.

Not poisonous, but fierce good farters.

And also poisonous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Yep, tis a male house spider on the prowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

And also poisonous.

The bird/mammal/marsupial hybrid yoke is definitely poisonous, the spiders only parf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭lopesc

Thread Closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

/Thread open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

lopesc wrote: »
    Thread Closed.

How the hell did you close the thread!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Boater123

And also poisonous.

Eh! Don't you mean venomous.

Poisonous is only a worry if you plan on eating the muder fcukin thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 LouisSmith1

house spyder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Boater123 wrote: »
    Eh! Don't you mean venomous.

Poisonous is only a worry if you plan on eating the muder fcukin thing.

Poisonous
    (of an animal) producing poison as a means of attacking enemies or prey; venomous.
    adjective: poisonous
    "a poisonous snake"
    synonyms: venomous, deadly
    "a poisonous snake"

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Probably a Eratigena atrica, the giant house spider.
    If not a Tegenaria, whatever, they are all harmless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Spiders, mice, rats. Big spiders. Little spiders. Stationary spiders. Extremely fast spiders. Where are they all coming from??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I have never seen one of those before OP. You should Google 'spiders with long legs, Ireland'

afaik, the only one to be worried about is the False Widow spider which has recently appeared in Ireland.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/poisonous-false-widow-spiders-spread-across-ireland-29668336.html

Spiders, mice, rats. Big spiders. Little spiders. Stationary spiders. Extremely fast spiders. Where are they all coming from??

isnt it obvious?

Isis.

lopesc wrote: »
    Thread Closed.

Edit: starts at 2:24

Anyone know how to get a youtube clip to play at a certain time on boards? Works with other sites, not sure about here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

burn down the house

in second thoughts , burn the whole street down to make sure 😥😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Boater123

Poisonous
    (of an animal) producing poison as a means of attacking enemies or prey; venomous.
    adjective: poisonous
    "a poisonous snake"
    synonyms: venomous, deadly
    "a poisonous snake"

:cool:

Oh no, now we have to worry about toadstool attacks as well as spider attacks:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have never seen one of those before OP. You should Google 'spiders with long legs, Ireland'

afaik, the only one to be worried about is the False Widow spider which has recently appeared in Ireland.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/poisonous-false-widow-spiders-spread-across-ireland-29668336.html

I suppose on the grand spider scale 200 years could be considered recent enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,941 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just found a massive spider in my garden. Never seen anything as big in Ireland before. Has a gigantic bulb on it's back.

Half pondering whether to ring a vet tbh.

Looks like a false widow spider but if it is - it looks much bigger than I have read about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Just found a massive spider in my garden. Never seen anything as big in Ireland before. Has a gigantic bulb on it's back.

Looks like a false widow spider but if it is - it is much bigger than I have read about!

Well Alexa just showed a news feed where a black widow was found in a crate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Looks like a false widow spider but if it is - it looks much bigger than I have read about!

Picture please

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Halloween is months away yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

We are coming into September which is SPiDER SEASON!!

dread it every year.

Oh I had one of them in my sitting room I nearly **** myself yesterday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Put some peanut butter on your balls, and some cottage cheese on your hole. Say “here spidey spidey”. If it goes for the peanut butter its a female, if it goes for the cheese its like totally gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Put some peanut butter on your balls, and some cottage cheese on your hole. Say “here spidey spidey”. If it goes for the peanut butter its a female, if it goes for the cheese its like totally gay

Ive found some peanut butter but can only find an old half packet of dried out Philadelphia, will that do the same trick?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

False widows are only a little bit venomous. You can allow them to walk across your hand (as opposed to picking them up) and they generally won't bite. I'd rather have a hundred of them in the house than one wasp, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

That's a Yorkshire terrier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

131015_pok.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Ive found some peanut butter but can only find an old half packet of dried out Philadelphia, will that do the same trick?

Sure, why not..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That's not a spider.

Spiders have eight legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

I really tried to not click on this thread, I couldn't help myself. The time is coming for them, I hate, hate them, and I'm terrified of them, if I see one I'm up on a chair until someone kindly gets rid of it. I have already started spraying my peppermint oil around, and I found it mostly worked last year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

All spiders are venomous.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ah Jaysus, already? I thought we had another month or so before these feckin' behemoths made their presence known. :mad:

If they give you an adrenaline bolt like they do with me, this tidbit might soften the horror somewhat - the reason they come out in the Autumn is because it's their mating season. The female hides somewhere in your gaff (you're fairly unlikely to ever see her, they like dark, secluded spaces with little to no activity or movement or stuff) and starts pumping out pheromones, which are like seduction gas. So the lads you see wandering aimlessly around the place are just horny feckers looking for sex :D:D:D

I mean like, as much as big spiders give most people the willies, we can probably all relate to and sympathise with the poor lads on some level :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Giant house spider op. Big fcukers but they're harmless and just looking for the ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

If you fear these beasts go see a hypnotherapist.. I used to have the worst phobia ever. Not anymore. 10 sessions and at the end was able to hold a bird eating tarantula. Not even that expensive and worth it for all I’ve saved in boxer shorts since.

Advertisement