Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media cable - Slow speeds (city centre)

Options
  • 06-10-2016 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else (in city centre) having issues with Virgin Media speeds during peak hours?

Tested it a few weeks back in the morning time, over 200Mbps (wired). 8pm on a Thursday and i'm down to 40Mbps.

Wondering if there's any point complaining? I'm sure i'm not the first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Maybe try the VM forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

There's a thread already documented about speeds going down at peak times

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

We just signed up for Virgin a few months ago. The signal cuts out a good bit. I don't know how to check the speed but it's definitely p poor for 50 a month. City centre as well.

Just as I went to post this I got the couldn't connect to server message. Grrr!! Even with full bars of coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Yeah John. I'd suggest giving the crowd over in the Virgin Media forum a quick message, or give the company itself a little tinkle. I've been having nightmares with contention and service drop for the last while on the Eastern side of the city (Tuam Road area).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Had this myself a couple of weeks ago - paying for 200+ mbps, gtting only 20mbps and desynchs. Complained and they sent a new router out to us - got the speed and no problem stability wise since.

I think part of the problem was that the router they sent us wasn't able to handle the use it was getting. Have you changed your browsing habits recently OP?

Also, be warned that if they send out a technician and he can't find anything wrong, you will be charged a call out fee. Tbh not the happiest with Virgin - they seen to do a lot of sharp practice and have refused to provide me with an IPv4 address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

If you request an IPv4 address on their Talk to forum, they will oblige.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

What provider is next best for city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

Have been complaints for the last number of years to Virgin over the dropping off of speeds but they keep saying it's not happening but you can get deals out of them if your persist.

Advertisement