Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 Wont Turn On

Options
  • 06-10-2016 8:44pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

My sister upgraded from the 6 to the 7 recently.
    Backed up the 6, then reset it.
    Left it on and in the box ready for sale/use by other family member.
    7 set up and running perfect.

Went to use the 6 yesterday and it will not turn on. Tried all the reset procedure (2 button holding), its connected to the PC with iTunes open but nothing happening, it was left in the charger for a few hours with no change.

Any advice/opinions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did you try putting it into DFU mode?

http://www.imore.com/how-to-iphone-ipad-dfu-mode

Also have you ruled out a problem with the charging cable? Or maybe fluff in the port?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Did you try putting it into DFU mode?

http://www.imore.com/how-to-iphone-ipad-dfu-mode

Also have you ruled out a problem with the charging cable? Or maybe fluff in the port?

Have tried 3 different cables now.
    Cleaned out the port.
    The DFU instructions I had are slightly different so I'm gonna power up the laptop now and try your dfu instructions as linked above.

Will let you know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

kceire wrote: »
    Guys,

My sister upgraded from the 6 to the 7 recently.
    Backed up the 6, then reset it.
    Left it on and in the box ready for sale/use by other family member.
    7 set up and running perfect.

Went to use the 6 yesterday and it will not turn on. Tried all the reset procedure (2 button holding), its connected to the PC with iTunes open but nothing happening, it was left in the charger for a few hours with no change.

Any advice/opinions?

It would be highly unlikely that it just stopped functioning. Most likely the battery drained completely while in the box. I see you've tried other cables but I would not give up. Connect it to the brand new charger and cable that came with the 7 and leave charging and undisturbed overnight. Hopefully she will kick back into action and then you can PM me the price you're looking to get for it. ;)

Advertisement