Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design & bid for landscape work

Options
  • 06-10-2016 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi
    I am just completing a new build in the Mid West and am looking for some advice on the best way to go about getting a 3/4 acre site landscaped for a reasonable price.
    I am reluctant to choose one contractor at the start to design and do the work, as I am pretty sure I won't get the best price once they know they have the work. I was considering paying for a design from one party, then asking a few contractors to bid it. Is this a standard approach?

Are there any other tips on how to keep the cost down? Can I buy the plants direct myself and have the contractor plant them?

I'm new to this, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

You are better off getting the person doing the work to get your plants. I put a lot of plants into people's garden and i can provide them with a better price than you would get in your local garden centre.

Advertisement