Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 seat post bolt / 29.8 seat post

Options
  • 06-10-2016 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭

So after years of being battered by my hefty ar$e on dublins roads my saddle on my commuter finally caved - single bolt holding the clamp sheared on the way home the other evening.

Trying to source a replacement locally, went into Halfords and established it's not m6 (too loose) so though it might be m8 - worth a couple of euro punt, but unfortunately too big. Left with three options:

1. Source a replacement m7 bolt (has to be this size?) - Proving harder than I thought.

2. Or get a shim to take another seatpost (27mm) to fit the 29.8mm.

3. Buy a replacement seat post and clamp. Apparently 29.8mm is not too common a size.

Anyone any ideas where I'd source either of these, preferable in a brick and mortar shop in dublin or alternatively on line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

Dublin nut and bolt maybe. Think they're in ballymount somewhere. Also think there's a similar bolt place on the ballycoolin estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have one.
    It's 5cms long, the last 2cms are threaded.
    It's tightened with a 6mm hex tool.
    If you think, it might be any good to you, PM me your details and I'll throw it in the post for you.

Advertisement