Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Submitted stage 1 of Gardai Trainee

• 06-10-2016 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

How did people find it? What were their feelings?

15th October is the appitude test.

Anyone nervous about but the overall experience?

Can someone also change my home post as well please. As I've no idea how to find the Gardai recruitment thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Moved it to Garda Recruitment for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

GuessWhoEh wrote: »
    How did people find it? What were their feelings?

15th October is the appitude test.

Anyone nervous about but the overall experience?

Can someone also change my home post as well please. As I've no idea how to find the Gardai recruitment thread

I haven't completed part one yet. I'm thinking of doing it today or on Monday.

I'm super nervous about the process. It's my second time applying and I'm afraid I'm going to mess it up again.

How are you feeling about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

misslemon wrote:
    How are you feeling about it?

I'm super nervous. As soon as I got the email to do stage 1, I just completed and submitted it straight away cause it would of been nagging at me.

I'm more nervous of the appitude test because from friends applying before, they've told me (whether to frighten me or not) that if you don't do well in that then they don't bother giving you the next stages. If I do, also the interview process will knock me for 6

I found Stage 1A tougher than last time, just did it this evening. Not optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

misslemon wrote: »
    I found Stage 1A tougher than last time, just did it this evening. Not optimistic.

With respect, I don't think you've anything to worry about. Only 5000+ applied this time round which is not a lot, and they want to get as many people in while the labour is still cheap and they can get away with it.

You'll have done just fine ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

D Trent wrote: »
    With respect, I don't think you've anything to worry about. Only 5000+ applied this time round which is not a lot, and they want to get as many people in while the labour is still cheap and they can get away with it.

You'll have done just fine ...

I hope that's true for me too I've done preparation courses and alot of practice tests or as much as i could do with the information given at least to try and get into the guards, its not about the money for me but more so going after what I've always wanted to be . What is the number they are taking on out of that 5000 ?applied for prison officers and passed but placed 10 places short so passing this would be extra sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shoj123

Has anyone here done last year recruitment and this years one ? Just want to know if the stage one is the same as last years before I do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Candidate Portal on PublicJobs.ie is DOWN.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Candidate Portal on PublicJobs.ie is DOWN.:mad:

stuck on the same boat as you ! :o

It is only down until 14.00 I think, they were advertising scheduled maintenance earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

misslemon wrote: »
    It is only down until 14.00 I think, they were advertising scheduled maintenance earlier.

o sweet cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

Only 5,000 applied for this recruitment drive. They will probably make the pass mark very low to get their numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Just did the Aptitude test there now.

Alot harder than the other Aptitude test earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

I just completed the aptitude tests there. In my opinion as well, I think it was harder than earlier in the year.
    Both tests were harder and I completely messed up with time on the abstract reasoning only answered the 1st 14 but think I got them all right not sure if it will be enough tho.

Just Hoping really that the pass mark is low and I get a shot at the assessment centre -best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Abstract was definitely easier this time round. Verbal was more or less the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone who has done stage one could help me out, I know, well I think I know, the first test you do post application is a self assessment questionnaire, what does this involve, also what other tests is there, and how do you do them, do you get then through email, thanks in advance.

Advertisement