Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here using a Presonus Audiobox?

Options
  • 06-10-2016 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Being driven bloody demented by one! Long story short: borrowed one from a mate as he's away for a while. After hours of driver downloads and blind alleys, I finally managed to get the thing receiving input (using Ableton as my DAW) but the problem is now the output. The headphone output is barely a whisper with the volume cranked! I tried cranking my inputs sending them well into the red, marginally better but still pretty much imperceptible.

After some lurking around Presonus' forum it seems that the particular Audiobox I have (the 1818VSL) has had issues with my particular generation of Macbook Air but the problems have been bypassed with the latest firmware (which I readily updated). By their own admission they say that you might need to manually reconfigure the outputs through the Audio MIDI Setup app on my Mac and even though I followed their tutorial to the letter the problem still lingers.

Any kind sage out there who'd be willing to shed some light on what might be going on here?

Cheers

Advertisement