Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stressed out around people

Options
  • 06-10-2016 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, im in college the last 3 years, my course involves a lot of group work, and interacting. This is where i struggle, i get stressed out when im put in a new group and sometimes when i look people espically girls in the face i get extreamly nervous and anxious , it makes people uncomfortable and i cant help it. i feel so drained after the day is done doing this, i know that i should be exposed to these situations so that i can get used to them but ive been trying so hard, but im always feeling tired and this feeds into the anxiousness and nervouness that people pick up on and makes them in turn uncomfortable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

It sounds like social anxiety, I have it too. Does your college have a councillor? most colleges do and theyre usually free, you could go talk to her about it, she might be able to offer a treatment like CBT. xx

Advertisement