Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nos Alive 2017

Options
  • 06-10-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd make this, purchased tickets this morning along with flights! Can't wait for it, and am really wondering what the lineup will look like, when does it normally come out? Flights weren't half bad either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

I went this year.
    It's a really good and "easy" weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

Have a flat booked for two for 170 for 5 nights woo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I went this year, I found it a bit cramped tbh, heading back to Primavera instead next year.

Lisbon is beautiful thou

I went this year, I found it a bit cramped tbh, heading back to Primavera instead next year.

Lisbon is beautiful thou

I decided to stay longer before and after to explore the city, may as well.

Get a tuk tuk tour

• Advertisement

How do you get to the city when it ends? Lacking a bit of info before I book accomodation

It's about 5 miles out, we usually got a taxi for about 6 euro. Buy there's buses and metro too but these were packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

The Cult, Unkle and The Courteneers, Royal Blood and Bonobo added..
    Delighted...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't see Unkle added, don't think I'd be able to not laugh if he was. Lineup is a bit stronger though now, should be a good few days!

Mushy wrote: »
    Don't see Unkle added, don't think I'd be able to not laugh if he was. Lineup is a bit stronger though now, should be a good few days!

Sorry I must of being dreaming when I thought Unkle were playing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

This is sold out I see, anyone know where to get a 3 day ticket, or anyone have one spare?

This is getting very close, anyone else on boards going to this? On now's website you can find all of the food and drink vendors and prices. Decent prices imo

4 of us Here in Lisbon..
    Shud be a bit of craic...
    Cant wait for Cage The Elephant.
    Thought it wud be warmer...

Yeah cant wait, I have my wristband, in algredo alfragide shopping centre you can exchange it. Glass animals are my number 1 for today

Enjoy..early beer for us..tis raining..agh

4Ad wrote: »

Can hope for the best! Will dry pretty quickly anyways in the sun

adam240610 wrote: »

Can hope for the best! Will dry pretty quickly anyways in the sun

Lovely now !!
    Rock on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

How do you get to the city when it ends? Lacking a bit of info before I book accomodation

Taxis and Ubers abound, very cheap as well.
    Just got back a week ago, it's a brilliant city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Royal Blood in the Heineken tent last night were amazing, the place was jumping.

Full steam ahead for the Foos tonight

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Taxis and Ubers abound, very cheap as well.
    Just got back a week ago, it's a brilliant city.
    Weve used uber pool everytime going around, 4 euro tops to get us each way its great. Got 3 free tee shirts from the plastic cup exchange places too

• Advertisement

What did ye think of it ?

Loved it, although hard not to. Only thing would be if they had a bit more space it'd be perfect, particularly where the walk from clubbing stage down to second stage is. Weather was good, bands were (mostly) good so enjoyable few days. Lisbon is a cool city, people are lovely too. Bands I saw were:

You Can’t Win Charlie Brown: Grand, laying out in the sun while they played enjoying it.

Alt-J: Good, knew more songs than I thought I would. Stage show quite lost in the sun though.

Phoinex: Very good, enjoyed them more than I expected to. Tempted to try for day ticket for EP for them.

Ryan Adams: Enjoyed his stuff without knowing the songs. Odd dig at Alt-J, dunno if it was serious or not. Tent only half full

Royal Blood: Excellent, lifted the roof off the place. Neck still sore, voice still gone. New songs fitted right in. Tent was rammed let alone the people outside it.

Bonobo: Sounded good but was sat outside by this stage, would see again.

Glass Animals: Enjoyable but only lasted half their set. That’s no indication of them.

Savages: Great reception, enjoyed them a lot more than I thought I would. Great performance by the singer, got the crowd going early on and never let up.

Warpaint: Grand, I wasn’t staying long. Crowd seemed to enjoy them too.

The Cult: Totally out of place but fun songs so was happy out.

The Kills: I’m a fan, but they shouldn't do an outdoor gig of that scale again. Very disappointing.

Foo fighters: Its the foos, you know you’ll get a good long set of anthems and a great performance. Lived up to it all. Delighted to hear Wheels.

Spoon: Much better than expected, got a good reception and enjoyed what I heard.
    Fleet Foxes: Very good, lived up to what I expected from them. May snag a Cork ticket this week.

Depeche Mode: Only saw a few songs but were very good. He knows how to work a crowd anyway. The eyeliner with their melted plastic look is freaky though.

Cage the Elephant: What a way to finish. From first song to last there wasn’t a let up. Great performance by the singer, super energetic so will 100% see them at next possible chance

What did ye think of it ?

I really enjoyed it, definitely recommend to anyone thinking of going. The lack of messy drunkeness was a pleasant change.

The festivals site was a bit crowded especially on Friday, good few bottlenecks going from Main stage to the Heineken stage and toilets etc but you will get that with so many people moving at the end of sets. The price of drinks was reasonable too, 4 euros for a pint of Henieken. Getting home after the Foos was a bit of a nightmare with a lack of taxis, speaking to a local they were saying thats the first year anything like that happened, luckily we were able to walk to our Air B and B and had no problem the other two nights with taxis .

Royal Blood on the Thursday were absolutely amazing, the tent was jumping.

Foo Fighters were the main reason I got tickets and they did not disappoint, amazing performance as always and the 2 new songs sound brilliant, especially the chorus to Run.

The rest of the line up wasn't really my cup of tea so was struggling for acts on the Saturday, we watched Imagine Dragons, didn't know much of their stuff though. The XX were decent too but not really into them either. Phoenix were worth a watch.

Lisbon is a cool city, we were there Tuesday to Tuesday so we had plenty of time to look around. Saw a good few NOS Alive wristbands on the flight to Dublin on Tuesday morning so seemed to be a good few Irish people at it

I really enjoyed it, glass animals were definitely a highlight. Very easy to bring alcohol in as well, put it in a plastic bottle and nock off the bottle cap haha. Got 3 free t shirts from collecting plastic cups which was handy.

Sound quality was very goid albeit a bit loud some times, had noise reducing professional ear plugs, hughly recommend getting a lair for concerts!

Glass animals though, the lead singer has a ridiculous amount of energy, waa jumping around the place and dancing his ass off all night despite coming on at 3am.

Would recommend strongly, might try werchter next year.

Spent in total of flights, tickets, airbnb and spending money roughly 600 euro for 6 days in lisbon.

We used Uber every night. Walking across bridge , book the uber, walk past taxi queue under bridge and get picked up there. 4 of us home each night for less than 40e, so 10 each. If booked at right time wouldn't get surge pricing so would be like 8-9e a trip.

I really enjoyed it, glass animals were definitely a highlight. Very easy to bring alcohol in as well, put it in a plastic bottle and nock off the bottle cap haha. Got 3 free t shirts from collecting plastic cups which was handy.

Sound quality was very goid albeit a bit loud some times, had noise reducing professional ear plugs, hughly recommend getting a lair for concerts!

Glass animals though, the lead singer has a ridiculous amount of energy, waa jumping around the place and dancing his ass off all night despite coming on at 3am.

Would recommend strongly, might try werchter next year.

Spent in total of flights, tickets, airbnb and spending money roughly 600 euro for 6 days in lisbon.

How did you get such a cheap Air B and B ?

threein99 wrote: »
    How did you get such a cheap Air B and B ?

Was 150 each for two. Originally had two for 150 in another place but they sold the place. Just be early

Also uber was great, 2 euro was worth it over the 25 min walk hahaha

Cage The Elephant stole it for me...such energy..
    Bit of a row during it, I ran away.
    Anyone findPeaches were WEIRD...but listenable ?
    Glass Animals and Savages were great..
    I thought Ryan Adams wud be boring, how wrong I was !
    Im still in Portugal.
    Alot of in your face drug dealing..
    Im not impartialbut not every 5 mins.
    Still love the place..

Cage The Elephant stole it for me...such energy..
    Bit of a row during it, I ran away.
    Anyone findPeaches were WEIRD...but listenable ?
    Glass Animals and Savages were great..
    I thought Ryan Adams wud be boring, how wrong I was !
    Im still in Portugal.
    Alot of in your face drug dealing..
    Im not impartialbut not every 5 mins.
    Still love the place..

Only reason I put Royal Blood ahead of CTE was that I could sing along, but I think I'd agree with you on all the bands.

The drug pushing is hilarious. During Phoinex and Fleet Foxes were most blatant times to happen me, casual chat then "do you want pills"....too funny.

Wouldn't let it put anyone off, they aren't hanging around once they hear a no. See what happens and maybe get back next year, although should really try another festival but the city break is handy.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Only reason I put Royal Blood ahead of CTE was that I could sing along, but I think I'd agree with you on all the bands.

The drug pushing is hilarious. During Phoinex and Fleet Foxes were most blatant times to happen me, casual chat then "do you want pills"....too funny.

Wouldn't let it put anyone off, they aren't hanging around once they hear a no. See what happens and maybe get back next year, although should really try another festival but the city break is handy.

Up near Comercio Square in Lisbon, walking along the main street we had people coming up to us just saying do you want hash marijuana heroine every minute or two it was ridiculous.

Great festival haha

Advertisement