Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nos Alive 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

adam240610 wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »
    Only reason I put Royal Blood ahead of CTE was that I could sing along, but I think I'd agree with you on all the bands.

The drug pushing is hilarious. During Phoinex and Fleet Foxes were most blatant times to happen me, casual chat then "do you want pills"....too funny.

Wouldn't let it put anyone off, they aren't hanging around once they hear a no. See what happens and maybe get back next year, although should really try another festival but the city break is handy.

Up near Comercio Square in Lisbon, walking along the main street we had people coming up to us just saying do you want hash marijuana heroine every minute or two it was ridiculous.

Great festival haha

Yeah that was the worst spot for it, too funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

adam240610 wrote: »
    Up near Comercio Square in Lisbon, walking along the main street we had people coming up to us just saying do you want hash marijuana heroine every minute or two it was ridiculous.

Great festival haha

Noticed that too, we were sitting outside having dinner in Barrio Alto on Sunday night and there was a guy on the street offering us drugs every 5 mins. I kept making eye contact with which just seemed to egg him on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Really liked the festival and really loved Lisbon.

I saw the same bands most people have mentioned here.

Highlights being:
    Cage the Elephant absolutely winning the festival, which is grerat when it's the last band of the night/festival that you watch. They are unreal live. I missed the start of the set as I wasn't going to leave Depeche Mode early as they play some of their best in the encore.
    Depeche Mode, The XX, Savages (they are a band that I'm never drawn to buy or listen to but love them live).
    Price of beer and food
    The weather
    The kinder bueno infused churros:eek:;)

Lowlights:
    The bottlenecks going from Main stage to Heineken stage, not helped by the only set of toilets being slap bang in the middle.
    The toilet situation again. One in the whole site is stupid (I know there was a smaller female one near the back of the site).
    The Kills were disappointing on the main stage, it was too big for them, not a brilliant set list overall. It's been years since I've seen them and I had it built up.
    Warpaint were on the miss side of the scales, very patchy set but when it was good it was great.
    The unexpected walk (for the first night, knew what to expect after) over the bridge to get the train. It makes sense for crowd control and that but still frustrating.
    Lisbon moan: Constantly being harrassed to buy drugs around many parts of Lisbon. "You want sunglasses, no? Hashish, Heroin? I give you try free." I'm eating an ice-cream man, do I look like I want heroin?!?

Overall it's a cool festival, I'd consider going again but it did lack something I can't put my finger on (other than more toilets).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There were lads toilets down the back too, never a long wait there for them. Especially as a few of the urinals were behind a tree so would always get one quickly.

Do hope Cage the Elephant come here soon!

Advertisement