Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Snowfall of the Winter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

small flakes / rain falling in Dublin city centre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Rain + snow in Finglas. Good sized snowflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Lashing snow here in Clonsilla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

snowgal wrote: »
    Thats it. Snow. Winter 2016/2017 a winter to remember (I know it's not officially winter)

Isnt it?? Nov/Dec/Jan I always learned...
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/learn-about-the-weather/how-weather-works/seasons/winter/when-does-winter-start

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Really large flakes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Rain just turned to big snow flakes / sleet mix in Clontarf

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Be on the Discovery Channel soon eh? :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I just saw a few flakes fall in Dublin City Centre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

So is this our big snowfall this year or is more predicted, i really hope more is predicted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Little flakes again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Planet X wrote: »
    Be on the Discovery Channel soon eh? :-D

TV3 will have Winter 2016 Special later this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Snowing in finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Snowing in Leopardstown D 18 :)
    WHEEEEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It is a very odd sight to see large wet snowflakes falling while looking at an ash tree still covered in leaves!
    2.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain is turning to wet snow here in north meath

officially snow now

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Back to sleet in Firhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Back to a more rain mix here in leixlip. Was good to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

All aboard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It was lashing rain at 7am in Moate this morning, by 8:30 it had turned to sleet and by 9am it was snowing til about 9:30 / 9:45. Just stopped now. Lovely and wintery looking outside!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

andre2010 wrote: »
    So is this our big snowfall this year or is more predicted, i really hope more is predicted

nobody expected snow to be falling this morning in the east. I was expecting to wake up to a dry, crisp morning, heard what sounded like alot of rain falling and looked out the window and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

While it is cold it is milder behind the current rain/sleet/snow mix over Leinster. We wont see a proper snowfall at any stage over next few days, we will have to wait till December-February to hopefully see a proper beast from the east with sub-zero daytime temperatures and snow trains move in one after another with dinner plate sized snow flakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Moderate snow in Inchicore now - pretty to look at but not much use for anything else although a colleague has said traffic is at a crawl in many places now as we get the aul biddy's thinking they are going skid of the road on the completely non-icy roads, just because there is some snow falling from the sky.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Has arrived in Dublin City Centre :)

🤪

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

proper heavy snow here again and starting to stick.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

A few fat flakes falling now at Boards HQ in Dublin city centre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Has turned to sleet here just before it clears!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

Gonzo wrote: »
    nobody expected snow to be falling this morning in the east. I was expecting to wake up to a dry, crisp morning, heard what sounded like alot of rain falling and looked out the window and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

While it is cold it is milder behind the current rain/sleet/snow mix over Leinster. We wont see a proper snowfall at any stage over next few days, we will have to wait till December-February to hopefully see a proper beast from the east with sub-zero daytime temperatures and snow trains move in one after another with dinner plate sized snow flakes.

fingers crossed, that would be amazing

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still snowing away here in Dublin 16. 2.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Snowing in Dublin 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Blue skies and sunshine here in Bray :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Sleet and wet snow in Portmarnock, Co. Dublin...the Dublin mountains will be a white out this today and this weekend I imagine....:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement