Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Snowfall of the Winter

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Slieve foye co Louth today

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

I put this together of some of the photos i have taken over the years. Watch it in HD.

Whats to come this winter i hope............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yesterday on Mullaghcleevaun and Barnacullian Ridge. Probably only 1-2 cm of snow at most, a bit more in the gullies where it had drifted a bit. Temperature at top at approx 1pm was -0.6C with virtually no wind.

qoc4mp.jpg

2d0gsag.jpg

oj0zo9.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Would we cope with a 1947 or 1963 scenario ?
    We rely on the infrastructure a lot more now.

The farmers would be flat out too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Would we cope with a 1947 or 1963 scenario ?
    We rely on the infrastructure a lot more now.

The farmers would be flat out too

We have motorways now that are fairly easily and quickly cleared. :) I know on local roads there's a big difference in district local authorities though.:(

A lot of farmers now should be better prepared after 09 and 10. I have more water pipes buried and insulated after that including the dwelling house.
    Milk tankers going on the local roads would be a problem for winter milk dairy farmers and then possibly low pitched roofs on farms caving in if there was a big snow event. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Dublin and Wicklow MRT reporting that driving conditions are very hazardous on the Sally Gap ...

https://www.facebook.com/DWMRT/posts/10154524300895590

Doesn't look like things are going to improve any time soon either with the forecast for the hills on Monday/Tuesday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

definitely a threat of heavy snowfalls in the Wicklow mountains over next 24 hours. Possible blizzard conditions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Snow on some of the higher peaks in Kerry showing up well on the Sat Pic today.

HWrcZee.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Galtymore had a white cap this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

here is a link to a friends video, we had a clear day while neighboring galbally tipperary town and bansha had fog as you can see

fog and frost set in about 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Tallaght is very much so frozen at this stage, very foggy in parts too but alas, I doubt we'll see snow this low tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

I think parts of higher ground in wicklow and dublin side will see temporaray heavy snow or blizzards. All the ingrediants are there. Sally Gap is always the litimus test. If you cant get there.....from blessington, killikee, or wicklow side STAY WELL AWAY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

DSC02217_zpsv20lfylt.jpg

Mount Leinster today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Meanwhile in Poland, 5th major snow event of the Autumn/Winter season.....

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

The pics not loading for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    The pics not loading for anyone else?

Looks like they are missing from their location. Can't see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes, strange they've disappeared, when I'm at my laptop I'll see what the problem is. They were definitely there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I saw them, they existed !:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Best to close this thread now? Winter thread is in full flow now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Best to close this thread now? Winter thread is in full flow now.

Agreed!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement