Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitarist with backing vox available Bettystown, Co Meath

• 07-10-2016 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

Looking to get back into playing with a band.
    Look me up on youtube folks.
    I have professional gear and my own transport.
    Willling to play whatever keeps the punters happy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭kevinray

Hi,what kind of music do you play is it just blues...im looking to get a covers band going around the meath area playing britpop/indie and alternative I am a 40 yo basssist I have a rhythm guitarist and drummer on board...get back to me if this suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JayAnonymous

kevinray wrote: »
    Hi,what kind of music do you play is it just blues...im looking to get a covers band going around the meath area playing britpop/indie and alternative I am a 40 yo basssist I have a rhythm guitarist and drummer on board...get back to me if this suits.

Yo, I'm a singer based in the Meath area also.
    I've been scanning every thead website looking for exactly this, people who seem to have a similar drive that I do with confidence in their instrument..
    Could you tell me more about what it is you want to do? Is the drive to create a covers band for a source of income? (And fun of course)

A possible problem is my age.
    I'm 19, but if you can look past my inexperience (in bands at least, I've done a number of musicals and drama performances over the years) then I could be very interested.
    My influences range from Björk, Bowie, Kate Bush, Iggy Pop to Iron Maiden, ACDC, The Dead Kennedys, Radiohead, etc

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JayAnonymous

kevinray wrote: »

Yo, I'm a singer based in the Meath area also.
    I've been scanning every thead website looking for exactly this, people who seem to have a similar drive that I do with confidence in their instrument..
    Could you tell me more about what it is you want to do? Is the drive to create a covers band for a source of income? (And fun of course)

A possible problem is my age.
    I'm 19, but if you can look past my inexperience (in bands at least, I've done a number of musicals and drama performances over the years) then I could be very interested.
    My influences range from Björk, Bowie, Kate Bush, Iggy Pop to Iron Maiden, ACDC, The Dead Kennedys, Radiohead, etc

Thanks!

bump

• Advertisement

Finally got a job where i'm off on weekends. I'd be up for the odd jam, no pressure or full speed ahead for gigs etc. Just want to get back playing with other musicians. :)

Advertisement