Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Uk -item location?

• 07-10-2016 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi. I'm finding amazon a bit confusing:)
    How do you know the item location when buying from amazon .
    I'm finding it slightly confusing to work out whether they're UK or China?

Also what's the difference between fulfilled by amazon and prime for irish buyers.I know prime is free delivery over 25.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    Hi. I'm finding amazon a bit confusing:)
    How do you know the item location when buying from amazon .
    I'm finding it slightly confusing to work out whether they're UK or China?

Also what's the difference between fulfilled by amazon and prime for irish buyers.I know prime is free delivery over 25.

thanks

If seller is Amazon the item would be located in UK for most items, but they also might ship from other EU countries like Germany.

If seller is 3rd party item could be located in any country, most UK but you could also have some items from china.

Fulfilled by amazon means the item is sold by 3rd party by it will be posted to you by Amazon.

Amazon Prime gives free delivery for all your orders BUT only to delivery within UK, you could use Parcel Wizard, Motel or Address Pal to get the item forwarded to you from UK to ireland.

Amazon gives free delivery to Ireland when order is over €25 but they have some restrictions like perfumes that do not get deliver outside mainland UK, also a few 3rd party sellers might offer free shipping to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Thanks

Are all Prime and "fulfilled by amazon" items shipped from within EU.
    I got the impression from a review of a fulfilled by amazon item that it came from China, they spoke of a delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks

I got the impression from a review of a fulfilled by amazon item that it came from China, they spoke of a delay.

Prime is the name of a service they offer that will get the item to your UK address next working day. I don't think there's any Prime specific items but it could be items that they don't have stock in the UK they don't offer prime delivery for them.

Items sold by Amazon or fulfilled by amazon do come from the EU, it could be the item came from Germany that will take a couple of extra days to arrive, it could also be the feedback is for the item for all the sellers for that item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Thanks

Not all Prime eligible items are shipped by Amazon... And that confuses the hell out of me ;)

Advertisement