If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon AVR-1909 standby light flashing red

Options
  • 07-10-2016 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys,

I purchased this unit many years ago from your good selves. The problem I am having is below. Whats the best way to go about getting this fixed? Does it need to go to Belfast? Is there somewhere in Dublin I can get this repaired?

The problem.
    With the unit on it's own with no cables at all (other than power).
    I switch the unit on and after some minutes it switches off and the standby light flashes red.

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

I purchased this unit many years ago from your good selves. The problem I am having is below. Whats the best way to go about getting this fixed? Does it need to go to Belfast? Is there somewhere in Dublin I can get this repaired?

The problem.
    With the unit on it's own with no cables at all (other than power).
    I switch the unit on and after some minutes it switches off and the standby light flashes red.

Thanks,

Bill
    Hi DrivingIsFun.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Denon.

It sounds like the unit is going into protect mode and will indeed need repaired.
    You could however try a factory reset on the unit to see if this clears the issue:
    Denon AVR-1909 Factory Reset Instructions
    1. Turn off the power using <POWER>.
    2. Press <POWER> while simultaneously pressing <INPUT MODE> and <SPEAKERS>.
    3. Once the display starts flashing at intervals of about 1 second, release the two buttons.
    [*]

If this has no effect then the unit can be returned to us here in Belfast to sent off for repair.
    As the unit is out of warranty there would be a £40 estimate fee that we charge to send the unit to the repair agents.

The Repair guys will come back with a cost to fix which you can accept or decline.

Let me know if the reset helps and if not we can take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrivingIsFun

Thanks Kenny. I have just sent you a PM.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks Kenny. I have just sent you a PM.
    Thanks DrivingIsFun :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.