Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kilkenny Shop

• 07-10-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

"Coming Soon" to where CyclePlus / Post Office used to be.

Nice addition to the town and somewhere for all those visitors (tourists, walkers, cyclists etc) and locals alike to browse.

Still no idea about the new small premises next to where Cavistons was will be. I'm guessing a Vape shop due to the small footprint such an outlet would require. Open to being corrected of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 macboomba

This is Greystones.

It's more likely to be a cigar emporium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Cigar emporium?

You're having a laugh

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14 macboomba

Yes I was having a laugh.

Should have put in the wink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

macboomba wrote: »
    Yes I was having a laugh.

Should have put in the wink.

It's the new waiting room for the Happy Pear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Heard it was gonna be a Starbucks. One can never have enough Coffee!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

It's the new waiting room for the Happy Pear.

They won't need it once they take over cavistons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

They won't need it once they take over cavistons.

Cavistons to become a "high end restaurant" according to the Greystones Guide. I assumed the HP would buy it seeing as their own planning application to expand was rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

loyatemu wrote: »
    Cavistons to become a "high end restaurant" according to the Greystones Guide. I assumed the HP would buy it seeing as their own planning application to expand was rejected.

Ah, right. I saw in GG that someone with "deep roots in the community" was taking over cavistons and thought that was code for Happy Pear (roots = veg).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Ah, right. I saw in GG that someone with "deep roots in the community" was taking over cavistons and thought that was code for Happy Pear (roots = veg).

you could be right, who knows. awkward for them if someone else takes it as they've basically annexed the patio in front of since Caviston's closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

you could be right, who knows. awkward for them if someone else takes it as they've basically annexed the patio in front of since Caviston's closed.

A 'nose-to-tail' restaurant perhaps??!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It looks to me like they backtracked a bit recently in making the annexed part smaller.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement