Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds - Who's your Money on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I watched the U23 men's race, just now. I've seen bigger crowds at Mark Mullen league races.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Can anybody tell me where to watch the men's road race Sunday? Doesn't appear to be live in eurosport- and I know the rules about foreign illegal streams etc. Just wondering about terrestrial TV

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

JK.BMC wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me where to watch the men's road race Sunday? Doesn't appear to be live in eurosport- and I know the rules about foreign illegal streams etc. Just wondering about terrestrial TV

uci channel on youtube. its free and they show all events on there aswell. theres no ad breaks and the commentary get a bit dull to say the least but to be expected

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Usually on BBC as far as I'm aware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

BBC2 from 2.30pm 'til 5.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Can anybody tell me where to watch the men's road race Sunday?

There's plenty of room over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

BBC2 from 2.30pm 'til 5.30pm.

That's hardly LIVE is it? Unless it is being staged in the city under lights. At this stage nothing would surprise me with these Qatari folk. Do any of them actually own a bicycle?

That's hardly LIVE is it? Unless it is being staged in the city under lights. At this stage nothing would surprise me with these Qatari folk. Do any of them actually own a bicycle?

Apologies, you are correct. That won't be a live feed. It didn't dawn on me :o

According to the official schedule, the Men's Elite RR will be on from 10.30am to 4.35pm. That's local time, so it is due to finish at 2.35pm Irish time. SO I don't think there will be any live coverage on terrestrial TV (i.e. Eurosport/BBC).

So the only option as far as I can see is the UCI YouTube channel.

(Here is the list of all the TV broadcasters in various countries that are showing the World Championships)

Just throwing this in here...
    The Men's Junior Road Race is starting this morning at 11.15am Irish time. It's 135 km around The Pearl and is due to finish around 2.30pm Irish time. There are three Irish riders taking part: Jake Gray (#147); Ronan Tuomey (#148); and Xeno Young (#149).

Are any of the lads handy in a sprint? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

We are calling kids Xeno in Ireland now ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

MPFGLB wrote: »
    We are calling kids Xeno in Ireland now ??

His parents are fans of warrior princesses and photocopiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If you get the next flight and queue straight off the plane you should get a view from a barrier before the crowds arrive...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Juniors Race live here on UCI's YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5xxvz2trZE

Racing is full on, which is a nice reward for the spectator I saw 20 seconds ago. Good to see him out in force.

Norwegian rider not having crashed in close to convulsions cos of presumably heat on side of the road. Not comfortable viewing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

pelevin wrote: »
    Norwegian rider not having crashed in close to convulsions cos of presumably heat on side of the road. Not comfortable viewing.

Wasn't there a rider in another race who had convulsions or something due to heat?

Farcical place to have the event. Farcical part of the world to be having any major sporting event where the conditions are barely conducive to getting around properly.

Edit, Enzo Wouters collapsed from heat exhaustion.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/u23-rider-wouters-recovered-after-collapsing-in-heat-at-worlds-in-doha/

Weepsie wrote: »
    Wasn't there a rider in another race who had convulsions or something due to heat?

Farcical place to have the event. Farcical part of the world to be having any major sporting event where the conditions are barely conducive to getting around properly.

Edit, Enzo Wouters collapsed from heat exhaustion.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/u23-rider-wouters-recovered-after-collapsing-in-heat-at-worlds-in-doha/

In a way they can count this Worlds a success if they got out of there without anyone dying.

Less than 7km left in the Men's Junior race

Exciting finish.

• Advertisement

Chapeau to the winner. Hopefully the Men's Elite race is as exciting.

Brilliant win & super race from the bits here & there I saw. Would be great all right if the Men's is something similar. Super team-work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Just spotted a tweet from Luke Rowe with his Garmin showing 47.9 deg :eek: (118.22 f)

Crazy conditions ..UCI need to take a long hard look at themselves hope the 10 million from Qatar is well spent

Cuuo3ocWEAAOxCr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

I managed to get Bennett at 150/1 e/w. So hoping he can win or place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Got him 80/1 last week , I think he has a good chance of a place given his late season form.

Also given the temp above the UCI may go ahead and reduce the length. Which may allow the sprinters to have some energy left for the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

That Junior race is after blowing things out of the water a wee bit made there luck ,

DominoDub wrote: »
    Just spotted a tweet from Luke Rowe with his Garmin showing 47.9 deg :eek: (118.22 f)

That's not bad for October.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭WMP

Garmin showing 47.9 degC could be 10 - 15 degC out. If he leaves his bike in the sun it will probably go up to 60 degC :-) I see the same thing happening with mine. Its not so accurate at low temps either unfortunately.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    Sam's in to 50-1 - probably still worth an e/w bet.
    Now in to 25's

More than happy with my e/w at 80/1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Chapeau to the winner. Hopefully the Men's Elite race is as exciting.

Speaking of which. I checked the Sky epg and Eurosport aren't showing it live but the BBC.

Advertisement