Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds - Who's your Money on

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

bazermc wrote: »
    Speaking of which. I checked the Sky epg and Eurosport aren't showing it live but the BBC.

Check my post from earlier. The race will be finishing by the time the BBC coverage is starting. It won't be live on TV.

UCI YouTube channel is the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Check my post from earlier. The race will be finishing by the time the BBC coverage is starting. It won't be live on TV.

UCI YouTube channel is the only option.

Cool thanks. I have to mind my pesky kids anyway. So it will be highlights after they are in bed for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

pelevin wrote: »
    Brilliant win & super race from the bits here & there I saw. Would be great all right if the Men's is something similar. Super team-work.

Great race in spite of the flat course, plenty of action. Didn't watch it live but panned through the video of it on the UCI site

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anybody know who the commentators are on the UCI YouTube channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Anybody know who the commentators are on the UCI YouTube channel?

Rob Hayles and Crossan (or is it McCrossan )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Does anyone one else really not care about this championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Does anyone one else really not care about this championship?

Compared to last year is a bit of a damp squib alright. Having said that junior race was quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Its on the BBC red button live from 8.45am ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Cavendish is a massive favourite in my eyes.

The finish suits Arnaud Demare (40/1) though, slightly rising and the last time we saw a sprint course in the World's, Cav won the main event and Demare won the Under 23s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Cavendish is a massive favourite in my eyes.

The finish suits Arnaud Demare (40/1) though, slightly rising and the last time we saw a sprint course in the World's, Cav won the main event and Demare won the Under 23s

That's a good shout alright. But another major factor is the absolutely ridiculous street circuit, never mind the trawl through the desert; watching it all week it's a bit like racing around Mondello with a hape of roundabouts and bollards thrown in at irregular intervals. The winner will very likely need a good bit of luck to avoid what I expect will be the inevitable crashes and controversies.
    I know these things always happen in one day races but this worlds is unlike any other- fans and viewers have complained ad nauseum so I just hope we have a fair fight to the end, devoid of some unforeseen nastiness with all the sand and street furniture.
    I'm sticking with 1) Greipel 2) Cavendish 3) Kristoff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

The tour of California often has similar temps to those seen in Doha. I remember maybe 2 or 3 years ago when Mrs Philip Armistead was in the mix and riding for UHC or whichever team it was having won the tour of Gila when they were on the queen stage with a brute of a final climb in 45 degree heat and lads were dropping from it.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    The tour of California often has similar temps to those seen in Doha. I remember maybe 2 or 3 years ago when Mrs Philip Armistead was in the mix and riding for UHC or whichever team it was having won the tour of Gila when they were on the queen stage with a brute of a final climb in 45 degree heat and lads were dropping from it.

'Often' is incorrect- yes I remember the stage; Peter Serry collapsed in the final km, among others but there was outrage at the time. Yes it has been hot there, similar to the Vuelta at times.
    But look- Doha is a kip and nobody gives a monkeys fart about cycling in Arabia at large, apart from rich oiligarchs. Nobody wants to be there either and when you see lads riding the TT posting times that A4s on a local league would better, you can surely see that it's all ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

JK.BMC wrote: »
    'Often' is incorrect- yes I remember the stage; Peter Serry collapsed in the final km, among others but there was outrage at the time. Yes it has been hot there, similar to the Vuelta at times.
    But look- Doha is a kip and nobody gives a monkeys fart about cycling in Arabia at large, apart from rich oiligarchs. Nobody wants to be there either and when you see lads riding the TT posting times that A4s on a local league would better, you can surely see that it's all ridiculous.

How do you know that "often" is incorrect? Have you a link to the data?

How do you grow the sport in the region then?

How do you know that "often" is incorrect? Have you a link to the data?

How do you grow the sport in the region then?

Data? No. I have none. Do you? At least California has plenty of cyclists and tons of cycling culture

No point growing cycling in a desert.
    Do you think we should grow camel racing on the Curragh? Again- no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Who?

Advertisement