Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor fees for buying a SITE

Options
  • 07-10-2016 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

I know it costs around 1k for buying a house but does anyone know what the fee should be for a simple and straight-forward purchase of a site (cash buyer)?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Much of the work (folio searches etc) is identical- its entirely plausible that it may not be much less than for buying a property. I'd expect it to be a bit less- but it really is a 'how long is a piece of string' type question.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Escapees

Much of the work (folio searches etc) is identical- its entirely plausible that it may not be much less than for buying a property. I'd expect it to be a bit less- but it really is a 'how long is a piece of string' type question.

I would have thought it's a lot more simple process - check the land registry to confirm seller is outright owner, no planning permissions or conditions to be checked on, no mortgage or loan stuff to deal with and associated life assurance and house insurance, no utility bills to be closed off etc. Just a simple change of title on the land, exchange of contracts and moneys?

It begs the question why it isn't then as straightforward as buying a secondhand car with cash and just having to change the vehicle registration cert (equivalent to land registry deeds)?

Advertisement