Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding my spouse to my account

Options
  • 07-10-2016 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi

I've been trying to speak to someone on 365 line for the past few days but got fed up holding after 20 mins each time.
    I would like to add my wife names to one of my savings accounts, please. She is already on what was originally my current account and is now a joint account for the past number of years.

Can you advise what I need to do and whom I need to contact?

Many thanks
    GCF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Hi

I've been trying to speak to someone on 365 line for the past few days but got fed up holding after 20 mins each time.
    I would like to add my wife names to one of my savings accounts, please. She is already on what was originally my current account and is now a joint account for the past number of years.

Can you advise what I need to do and whom I need to contact?

Many thanks
    GCF
    Hi Germancarfan,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We are so sorry to hear that you were kept on hold when calling us. You would need to open a new account in joint names as it is not possible to convert an existing sole account into a joint account.

To arrange this, you can request an appointment in your branch by clicking here. A savings adviser will call you back and discuss the options with you.

Many thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Germancarfan

Ok , thanks for coming back to me.

Off to rabo direct for us so.

CHeers
    GCF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Germancarfan, 

We're very sorry to hear this. We do offer a wide range of savings accounts which may suit you and your wife's needs. If you'd like to speak to one of our dedicated savings representatives just call 0818 200 347. While it's not possible to convert a sole account to a joint account, ours reps will be more than happy to offer advice on the most suitable product and the quickest way for application. Our reps are available on this line today from 10am to 2pm and again from Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. 

We do hope that you change your mind and if we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement