Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Shaver Plug

Options
  • 07-10-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just bought an electric toothbrush and tried to charge it using the new bathroom shaver's plug ... it wont go into the plug .... there seems to be a white material preventing it .... on both voltage's ... and I don't want to use force .... should this white have been removed when the plug was being installed ....

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The shaver socket is not designed to be used with that plug.
    You were quite right not forcing it.

Shaver sockets should only be used with compatible shavers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

The shaver socket is designed for an electric toothbrush.

When you say force, you need to give it a little bit more force than a standard plug, it's going into an isolating transfomer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

alan4cult wrote: »
    The shaver socket is designed for an electric toothbrush.

Well actually you might be correct, it depends on the plug. I know that mine isn't compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Can you post a pic of the plug and socket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

2011 wrote: »
    Well actually you might be correct, it depends on the plug. I know that mine isn't compatible.

Yes many of them weren't designed for continuous charge but in recent years they have proper current regulation.

Yeah would need to see a picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Claggan

Problem solved. The shaver socket had never been used before, so I bit the bullet and used a 'lot' of force to push the two pin plug of the toothbrush into the plug. I finally heard a click and whatever was holding it back moved. Toothbrush now charging happily. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

As stated only some shaver sockets are appropriate for charging electric toothbrushes. (Usually they have a picture of a toothbrush on them as well.) Others (in fact most) are not designed for long-term use such as charging.

Advertisement