Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whiskas Pouches Inconsistent

• 07-10-2016 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I've mentioned here before that there is a group of feral cats that are living in an abandoned area on my way to work and I started to buy them pouches of Whiskas chicken with jelly about a month ago. At my last count, there seem to be five cats (two black cats who look absolutely identical, a white and black cat, a white and brown cat, and a brown one). Anyway, being met by such a big group of hungry meowing cats became too much for just pouches so I started buying some tins instead.

Occasionally, the shop I use is out of tins so I still have to buy pouches. Usually, there are the typical product - meat chucks suspended in amber jelly. Sometimes, they are a much more off-white pate type consistency. They always say chicken with jelly, so I'm unsure what that pate version is and if it is safe to eat. I obviously don't want to feed the cats food that is gone off but I never know what type I have until I actually open the pouch. It doesn't smell bad just looks different.

The cats eat both versions happily.

It would be great if someone could provide clarity on this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I have not used cat food in a while so can't help you much with that aspect but I just wanted to say what a lovely kind person you are to try to help these cats. Feral cats here have such a hard time & it is so good of you to be looking out for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've noticed this as well. Occasionally I'll get a whole box of 12 pouches that our cat just won't eat, she'll walk up to it, give it a sniff and walk off. It often smells a bit strange too, and I've taken them back to the shop. Usually, there's something unusual about the packaging as well, the pouches themselves don't have the usual graphics etc. which is a bit odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Knine wrote: »
    I have not used cat food in a while so can't help you much with that aspect but I just wanted to say what a lovely kind person you are to try to help these cats. Feral cats here have such a hard time & it is so good of you to be looking out for them.

Thank a mill. I appreciate it.

To be honest, I'd like a cat of my own but my flatmate hates them so I'm getting my cat fix by feeding the feral ones. It makes me feel very good knowing that a family of cats won't go to sleep hungry because I fed them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I know what you mean about Whiskas having strange variations as I've noticed similar a couple of times. I used to get it if it was on offer (picky cats always changing what they will/won't eat) but they have really gone off Whiskas in the last couple of years. They won't even taste it now if I buy it so I've given up.
    i doubt it's gone off but perhaps its the bottom of the tank or whatever it is they use in the factory. I'd imagine that stuff right next to the mixer/grinder/whatever machine is used, would be a lot finer.

Advertisement