Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbourne - Breakin' Outta Hell

Options
  • 07-10-2016 8:28pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's an improvement on Black Dog Barking, not quite as good as Runnin' Wild but not far off it, great production, grittier than BDB.

I like Rivalry even though they probably owe Tom Morello a few quid for using the Cochise riff, Get Back Up is probably my favourite track on the album love the backing vocals.

Never Too Loud is another cracker love the guitars during the verses, it's like listening to Angus and Malcolm play off each other.

The lyrics on Do Me Like You Do Yourself and Down On You are a bit cringy but All For Rock N Roll make up for it, it's a nice tribute to Lemmy and I like the backing vocals that come in towards the end.

I know they're criticised for ripping off AC/DC, but giving that they're probably finished, it's great that there is one band out there that can do their sound justice, it's a lot harder to do than some people think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's a solid rock album from start to finish. Nothing fancy or flashy.

Wouldn't say they're ripping off AC/DC, more so paying homage, but that's my 2 cents.

Advertisement