Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Presidential Debate No.2

• 07-10-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

No thread started on this yet, buy my prediction is that Hillary will dominate debate again.

Trump did a town hall yesterday to practice but he got really softball questions from his followers. Like "when you get to white house and you start cleaning house who will fire first, the FBI director, EPA director etc etc.?" I kid you not these were the questions he got.

He got another question on how will he create jobs for graduates. He then proceeded to waffle on for the next three minutes about how hot is was in room and a story about him sweating, then something about Bernies polling and how his was better, then something about "chyna" but nothing really about how he was going to create jobs.

Now if he cant answer some softball questions from his own followers he is going to be embarrased badly on sunday night.....

I am looking forward to it again :)

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Before the electorate gets any answers about policy we will get half an hour of "grab 'em by the pussy" drama from Trumps latest soundbyte debacle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Apparently Trumps town-hall thing on thursday was supposed to last 60-90 minutes but Trump ducked out after 30 minutes.

Stamina!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,370 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

B0jangles wrote: »
    Apparently Trumps town-hall thing on thursday was supposed to last 60-90 minutes but Trump ducked out after 30 minutes.

Stamina!

Wasn't that supposed to be a rehershal for Sunday night ? Wow that's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭blackcard

I expect that the debate will be similar to the first debate. Trump will start stronger but will not be able to keep his composure. Both sides will claim victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think Hillary could be vulnerable here because of the "town hall" nature of the debate, I'd imagine there'd have to be a curveball somewhere for her. That said, I can't really remember any hiccups from Hillary during the Dems' own town hall debates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feline Grabber

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wasn't that supposed to be a rehershal for Sunday night ? Wow that's brilliant.

It looked like it but I remember Trump making some comment about not needing to prepare and Clinton is just resting.

Better prepare scripts for the online polls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

blackcard wrote: »
    I expect that the debate will be similar to the first debate. Trump will start stronger but will not be able to keep his composure. Both sides will claim victory.

Trump is going to bomb right from the off. The man has been in meltdown the last two weeks. Within his first three answers he'll say something that will cost him a half-point nationally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think the big problem Trump will have is answering the question he's asked.

Hillary I think is capable enough to simply avoid any huge slips and speak directly to people. She knows there's only about 40 things she can be asked and she'll have a prepped response to each.

Trump could well be asked a question about schools and 30 seconds later he'll be talking about Bill Clinton's affairs. That will look really really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

blackcard wrote: »
    Both sides will claim victory.

If there is anything that is an absolute certainty it is this. One of them could regress to the mental abilities of a two year old and start talking about their poopy nappy and their side would still claim they won the day in spite of unfair moderation / the biased media / corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How plausible is it that Trump actually labels Bill Clinton a rapist and brings up the names and details of his past allegations that are out there?

His campaign is in such disarray he has nothing left to lose?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

How plausible is it that Trump actually labels Bill Clinton a rapist and brings up the names and details of his past allegations that are out there?

That will gain him nothing. He has plenty left to lose. It's looking a lot less likely he'll win, but something big could hit Clinton yet.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

ww w.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/08/donald-trump-just-retweeted-juanita-broaddrick-calling-bill-clinton-a-rapist-all-bets-are-now-off/?postshare=4211475973210110&tid=ss_tw

Not calling him one directly but is clearly supporting the idea. I would have thought he would want to ignore anything about rape when he will be in court soon over accusations of raping children.

Regal Cinemas will be screening the debate live at their locations in the US.

Admission is Free. Attendees will get a free small drink for any purchase of popcorn. You know you will need the popcorn.

raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I think Hillary could be vulnerable here because of the "town hall" nature of the debate, I'd imagine there'd have to be a curveball somewhere for her. That said, I can't really remember any hiccups from Hillary during the Dems' own town hall debates.

I don't have links to hand but the analysis I have read so far says quite the opposite - that she is extremely comfortable with this format whereas Trump will struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hunchback wrote: »
    I don't have links to hand but the analysis I have read so far says quite the opposite - that she is extremely comfortable with this format whereas Trump will struggle

I had this image in my head of the two fielding questions from an audience of hundreds of people, and a few of Donald's diehards throwing in questions about Bill's adultery and alleged sexual offences or conspiratard nonsense like "white genocide". I've just looked up the format, my assumption was wrong.

That said, there was meant to be a website for the public to submit questions. No doubt it's been overrun by the people who brought us the likes of "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong"-flavoured Mountain Dew and the McMoot burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Apparently Trump abandoned his travelling press corp in NYC via a tweet from the campaign manager:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/785164126913822722/photo/1

So unless they can get a lift, they won't be there to cover the debate tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I see NBC on Youtube is streaming this live.

Did anyone use this for the first debate. It the stream decent quality and reliable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I see NBC on Youtube is streaming this

Likely to readily available on any/all of the major international (generally free to air) news channels e.g. BBCNews24, CNN, EuroNews, FR24 etc from around 2am WET

Should stream on Facebook as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

CNN have Corey Lewandowski on their panel, he is some piece of work he seems a very angry man:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

I'm actually going to watch his debate live tonight. After the Trump tape leak. I think this could get really ugly tonight. Trump will pull out absolutely he has on Clinton in a desperate move to make her look as bad as possible, He'd bring up the Emails, Bill Clinton, Benghazi, Everything.

But ultimately I think Clinton will crush him again.and in the aftermath of the debate, I can see Trump backing out of the race.

We could see Clinton vs Pence in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭oik

B0jangles wrote: »

Stamina!

Where is the evidence it was supposed to last 90 minutes?

He talks for 50 minutes here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUSmqlPnh-k

Again, how do you know how long it was supposed to last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭oik

ww w.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/08/donald-trump-just-retweeted-juanita-broaddrick-calling-bill-clinton-a-rapist-all-bets-are-now-off/?postshare=4211475973210110&tid=ss_tw

Not calling him one directly but is clearly supporting the idea. I would have thought he would want to ignore anything about rape when he will be in court soon over accusations of raping children.

I hope to god this is just misdirection to make Hillary think he's going to bring it up, and then when the debate begins he avoids it entirely.

If he does try to attack her using Bill's past he really doesn't deserve to win.

This is going to interesting, Trump I think is going to double down this evening, he is going to have 4 alleged Bill rape victims in the audience. Its going to get nasty :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump has enter building with Pence it seemed

Stream is up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was watching American Horror Story on Netflix, now ready for American Horror Story: Debate

I see more warning for children not to be up watching this as it might not be suitable- North American children as children in Europe and a lot of other places will be in bed.

Ready for the car crash TV.

Hillary only rocked up ten mins before the start, cutting it a bit fine?

The bookies should have opened a few markets for some of the following:

i) heart-attacks
    ii) fisticuffs or water throwing
    iii) public stage invasions
    iv) profuse swearing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The bookies should have opened a few markets for some of the following:

i) heart-attacks
    ii) fisticuffs or water throwing
    iii) public stage invasions
    iv) profuse swearing

An over/under on the word 'wrong' at least would have brought in a good few bets. :o

You're right though, the likes of Paddy who usually lap that stuff up missed a bit of a trick there.

574590fa1600006400f94679.jpeg

Leaked picture from inside Trumps locker room

Bills accusers in front row .

I'm still of the belief that the whole election process will be canceled due to health issues and/or public protests, as Baba Vanga predicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm nervous. Not sure why!

More exciting than a Tyson fight and will last 90 mins not 30 secs .

• Advertisement

NO HANDSHAKE
    O IT'S ON !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

No hand shaking this time.

Didnt shake hands......

No handshake this time around...

both within striking distance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Not surprised at the lack of handshake. This could get nasty, folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

No clangers from Trump yet, at least I've not seen them anyway.

Fluent but anodyne answer from Hillary.

Trump started off well last time. Looking forward to seeing how he will think he's a good role model.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Jaysus he looks wrecked

And the very first thing Trump says is he doesn't want to see people treated differently on their religion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Trump is sniffing again.

First sniffle from Trump, it's very strange again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

Bring back sniffles!

Did he answer the question at all??

• Advertisement
Advertisement