Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on arts for mature student

• 07-10-2016 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Im planning on moving back to ireland next year and considering an Arts degree. Im looking at Galway or Maynooth, and something like french, music, geography.
    Im going to miss the open days so i figured someone could help.
    My main concerns are the hours vs maintaining a job.
    My visa runs out in november so starting late is a concern.
    What are exams like, if anybody has some example that would be cool.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

You wont be able to do music in a BA.
    Hours are about 12 hours or so a week in 1st year.
    Look on NUIG website and you can see past exam papers https://www.mis.nuigalway.ie/regexam/paper_index_search_main_menu.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I think you can in Maynooth. It's years since I went there but I'm pretty sure a friend was studying music and maths.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

You wont be able to do music in a BA.
    Hours are about 12 hours or so a week in 1st year.
    Look on NUIG website and you can see past exam papers https://www.mis.nuigalway.ie/regexam/paper_index_search_main_menu.asp

Hours are always more than 12 when you take tutorials into it. Closer to 18

Kal El wrote: »
    Hours are always more than 12 when you take tutorials into it. Closer to 18
    When I was first BA and doing 4 subjects I never had 18 hours of classes a week. It will be 14/15 hours maybe 16

When I was first BA and doing 4 subjects I never had 18 hours of classes a week. It will be 14/15 hours maybe 16

Doing it this year myself and doing 18, know others doing more but its always well past 12 and its only three subjects anymore

• Advertisement

Doing it this year myself and doing 18, know others doing more but its always well past 12 and its only three subjects anymore
    What subjects are you doing if you don't mind me asking?

What subjects are you doing if you don't mind me asking?

Spanish, IT and Economics
    My sister does three other subjects and she was the same as me, actually think she had 19.
    Im not sure how it ran when it was 4 subjects though or in a BA connect etc

Spanish, IT and Economics
    My sister does three other subjects and she was the same as me, actually think she had 19.
    Im not sure how it ran when it was 4 subjects though or in a BA connect etc
    You're doing a language which may explain it but I had 16 at most in first year. 12 in lectures and 4 tutorials and often it wasn't even that much

You're doing a language which may explain it but I had 16 at most in first year. 12 in lectures and 4 tutorials and often it wasn't even that much

Could be, the guy said he wanted to do french so I presumed hed have the same roughly as me

Advertisement