Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veiled personal insults on a thread in Shooting.

Options
  • 07-10-2016 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

All Mods involved in Shooting.

I PM'd a Shooting Mod (Cass) regarding what I perceived to be unprovoked veiled insults towards me he posted on a thread in shooting. Being advised he has no crayons to help him explain what he was posting is petty, childish and at worst an attempt to provoke a reaction from me.

If I posted that to him I reckon an infraction would have ensued under the "be civil to each other" part of the charter. I got infractions from him previously for less in my opinion.

The relevant posts on the thread have been deleted by the Mod as explained in the PM's (x2) he's sent to me & CC'd you all (Beasty, GavRedKing, It wasn't me!, Sparks, Steve, Vegeta) in.

Seen as he has already escalated the matter I'd like the matter discussed here.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

As you are not challenging an infraction or ban the DRF forum is the incorrect place for this thread. I've moved it to Help Desk which is more appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Taltos wrote: »
    As you are not challenging an infraction or ban the DRF forum is the incorrect place for this thread. I've moved it to Help Desk which is more appropriate.

OK thanks for clarification.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Mods are entitled to partake in any debate in their own forum as if they were a regular poster - that's what this was - and I'll review the posts in that light.

The mod badge does not exempt anyone from site / forum rules.

Steve wrote: »
    Mods are entitled to partake in any debate in their own forum as if they were a regular poster

I understand that and have no issue at all with that.
    - that's what this was - and I'll review the posts in that light.

It was, to a point, until the insulting comments commenced.
    The mod badge does not exempt anyone from site / forum rules.

I'd hoped this could have been sorted between myself & the Mod but Cass decided to bring in the other Mods & what I assume are the senior Mods.

Thanks for your time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi, I have looked at the posts. In my opinion this is a user V user disagreement as opposed to a mod V user do I'm not sure there is anything the Cat mods can do.

At most, the posts - if they were user V user - would get from me is a mod post on thread to cut out the bickering.

I know mods are supposed to be held to a higher standard but that should not in any way diminish their right to air their views.

I am also discussing the issue with the other party, that will remain a private discussion because, as I said, this was a user V user spat.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

I'm viewing this as a user v user discussion that got a bit heated, In my view it was worthy of a mod post (not from the mod engaged) to ask everyone to calm down a bit.

The mod involved was acting as a user in this case, perhaps that was not apparent, and his deleting the posts in my view was not the right thing to do. I am dealing with that in private with him.

I don't think there is any more I can say on this on this.

Fair enough. Thanks for your time.

his deleting the posts in my view was not the right thing to do.

Will/would you be reinstating the posts minus the inappropriate parts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement