Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE No Mercy thread (spoilers)

• 08-10-2016 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭

takes place on Sunday 9th Oct

Pre Show
    Jack Swagger vs Baron Corbain

WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose
    IC Champion The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler
    Smackdown Women's champ Becky Lynch vs. Alex Bliss
    SD Tag champs Heath Slater and Rhyno vs. The Usos
    Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt
    Nikki Bella vs. Carmella
    Curt Hawkins vs. TBA

expecting a standard run of the mill ppv with no real shocks or surprises

rumours that
    wwe are pursuing Dolph Ziggler for a backstage role similar to Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble. So he may be losing this one

John Cena and Dean Ambrose are set to go on hiatus to film stuff so expect Styles to retain with possibly help from someone

Curt hawkins makes his debut but its all pointing towards a certain big red machine to come out and destroy him

Expecting the USOs to win the tag titles and continue there heel run

Bray Wyatt to lose yet again and to end the rivilary. Expect Orton to move into the title picture and maybe Bray going for the Intercon title or picking on Apollo Crews for some reason

Becky to retain and Camilla to beat Nikki Bella

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think I'll be watching the debate over this I expect a better Smackdown watching Trump and Clinton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hope Ziggler gets squashed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hoping for a big debut or return (not Hawkins) if Cena and Ambrose are heading off.

Hope Usos win, they are great since the change in attitude. Them v Gable and Jordan, with Heath and Ryhno chasing the titles again could be a good mix with three very differant teams. Could have a good TLC match with that group in December.

WWE tweeted to say it would be the WWE title match starting the show.

No clue what mad booking they came up with for this one. Will we get two title matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reckon miz v ziggler will see out the ppv. Have emotional send off for ziggler.

Perhaps they didnt want the wwe title match to go up against the trump v clinton debate

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    WWE tweeted to say it would be the WWE title match starting the show.

No clue what mad booking they came up with for this one. Will we get two title matches?

That's to do with the debate more than likely it kicks off at 1.30 am our time I'd say they are expecting horrible viewing figures tonight.

That's to do with the debate more than likely it kicks off at 1.30 am our time I'd say they are expecting horrible viewing figures tonight.

I was thinking about that but since its on the network the do the figures really matter?Would the debate not be over by the traditional main event time anyway?

DM_7 wrote: »
    I was thinking about that but since its on the network the do the figures really matter?Would the debate not be over by the traditional main event time anyway?

They can tweak the figures anyway they want now with the Network but the watching live viewership will drop big time because of the debate and all the aftershows talking about the debate.

The PPV on demand over the next 24 hours could pull big numbers but it's the live viewing figures that are always judged on what is a success or not.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is this on at midnight or 01:00 our time? I can't remember when the clocks change in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

01:00 start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

1am as usual, clocks don't change in the US until November 6th (ours is October 30th)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thanks lads. I'll have a powernap and get up to watch a bit of this live.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Actually loving the idea of Miz/Ziggler ending the show, given Miz's character direction over the last few weeks.

God....I am looking forward to a Mis/Dolph match :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

ricero wrote: »
    Reckon miz v ziggler will see out the ppv. Have emotional send off for ziggler.

Where is he going? Havent read the sheets in a while

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Where is he going? Havent read the sheets in a while

Backstage role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thinking there going to go with the whole distraught Dean Ambrose and John Cena losing angle mid show where they will both announce they are leaving WWE (keyfabe) and both will return rumble time

A sad Ziggler crying and waving goodbye to end the show Id say

SD is really low on star power ending 2016 (Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler all gone, Becky hurt, Shane McMahon non existent). Hopefully a few nxt call ups may happen soon (before the 8th Nov Glasgow show as im going to it lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Apparently the finish to Miz/Ziggler may have unintentionally leaked by WWE themselves..

Also tonight is the first time since '92 an Intercontinental Championship has headlined a PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Trump/Clinton debate is going to be box office tonight. Apparently Trump is going to go on the attack to try and save his campaign; it could get very bitter. Not surprised WWE are concerned about viewing numbers for the live show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If this was one of the weekly shows I would say the WWE Title match would have shenanigans causing the match to be delayed to the end of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Actually refreshing to have this match on first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Odd to have this promo on right after the entrances, no?

This will probably get the lowest ratings going against SNF and the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Would be a good opportunity to have a women's match in a ppv 'main event' slot, not that it's going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Over the past 18 months, the greatest WWE matches have all been triple threats, they really get them right! This is another great one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Another sloppy-ass suicide dive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Winning a match with a chair shot to the back doesn't sit right with me at all. It should never end a match, a shot to the head back when they were legal was the only time it should happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

That was outstanding

This match could be the Melina vs Alicia Fox of 2016....

Ranallo was like "I have no idea what Nikki was doing, lets call it an explosive tackle"

• Advertisement

did the Usos get them runners off some auld doll on Henry Street?

Me eyes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Is the uso with the t shirt looking heavier then usual or is it the t shirt

I think it's both

What's closing the show then ?? Bray vs Orton

This is the most backward order of a PPV ever. Literally nobody cares about Orton / Wyatt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

What a fight, great bout

• Advertisement

Bloody WWE trolling us lol

YES! Great match

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Great match imo. Really thought Ziggler was gonna lose

Amazing match. What great story-telling and the spirit squad coming out was hilarious. One of the rare times having someone overcome the odds works, because that was what the whole story-line was about.

Match of the night.

Best match of their careers

• Advertisement

That was something else, MOTY candidate for sure. Nice to see the IC title back in the spotlight too.

Ultimate Warrior should have appeared behind Orton in the mirror there....
    WTF was that... lol

Want to go too sleep as I've been too Dublin to see Nickelback at the 3arena and back home tonight already but putting the Orton match as the ME must mean something is big is going too happen ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Having the main event on first was kind to those wanting to see that and not miss the debate! (can't believe they'd change around their own PPV to suit people tuning out)

Really enjoyable opening title defense (hilarious how nobody thinks to use weapons unless it's a storyline plot-point!)
    Boring filler matches
    Dolph doing a superman was great - should've main evented
    Mirror gimmick with Orton, then Commentators name-drop Ronnie Garvin

Overall, above an average edition of Smackdown. Ya can't expect me to watch these AND the weekly show too though!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If they opened the PPV with the triple threat they should have closed with the intercontinental title. It would have ended the PPV on such a high.

How over was Ziggler again? The pop when he won was unreal but how many times have we been here. The important thing now is how WWE move on with Ziggler, Miz and even Bray Wyatt now.

If they don't capitalise on these pushes it'll be all for nothing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

while i think ic title should have closed (that pop)

i didnt hate the main event just run with Bray now no good having him job at the next 3 ppvs

miz is a superstar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Echoing the sentiment that it should have closed with Miz/Ziggler. The crowd reaction was astounding considering...

1. It's Dolph in 2016
    2. It's the IC title in 2016

The duo have made the title worth so much, and it made way more sense to put them on last, given their "I'm the main event" gimmicks they both have.

Triple threat was great.

Everything else was fine. Bray winning a PPV match was a nice surprise. :P

With bray winning that surley means that the feud with orton goes. Wonder who will go againist AJ if the rumours of cena/ambrose having time off is true.

I could see it being ziggler and miz.

sky88 wrote: »
    With bray winning that surley means that the feud with orton goes. Wonder who will go againist AJ if the rumours of cena/ambrose having time off is true.

I could see it being ziggler and miz.

Samoa Joe is my guess. It could easily be a WrestleMania worthy feud but with Cena and Ambrose going for a while they need this in the meantime. They have a storied rivalry and great chemistry in the ring, even the casuals will be thrilled with it I bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Joe and AJ would be perfect timing if the get the TNA tape library. Get in Christopher Daniels as guest enforcer.

The reaction for Ziggler was amazing. Great match and Miz kinda proved the point he made against Bryan. I can't really think of any career risking moves he did in that match yet still managed to pull off a great match.

Luke Harper's return seemed more like they're planning to make him a biger name as well now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement