Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE No Mercy thread (spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wonder does this PPV win mean anything for Bray and the Wyatt family? I'm not going to hold my breath. People are so past him/them at this stage.

I loved their run so far but even I'll hold my hand up and say how terribly stale it has all become. Plus Bray looks like trash since he came back. I know it's "a look" but he has gotten all "sloppy fat" and not "muscly fat" in recent weeks.

Zigglers overness is fantastic. He has been like this for some time. One of the tours in Dublin he was equal if not greater than over with the fans.

As mentioned about Sting on a recent OSW, likeable white meat baby faces are unicorns in wrestling nowadays. Is stupid if WWE don't notice this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So can we now build Swagger as the new Ziggler always the so close guy only to blow it and have him chase the IC belt off Ziggler .

Use the IC belt to rebuild the careers of wrestlers the WWE wasted over the last decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see Del Rio was edited out of the latest version of the WWE 2K17 ad that aired during this, apart from the back of his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Though Harper was going to attack bray wyatt too and maybe go out on his own but is id say there building towards an Orton vs Bray/Harper handicap match at Survivor Series. Id love if Orton brought in a 'Sister Abigal' character (maybe one of the NXT divas) to try and defeat the Wyatts

Hard to knw what way there going with Styles and the world title with Cena and Ambrose out for while (Ambrose may be back a litte quicker than Cena). I can see the Miz challenging for the title. With the TNA libary going on the Network soon it would be a perfect time for Samoa Joe or Bobby Roode to debut and challenge for the title (but that makes too much sense)

I can see Swagger, Corbain, Crews or Curt Hawkins challenging for Zigglers Intercon title. Amazed wwe double crossed us and Ziggler actually won the match after all the rumours of him leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The fact they thought Orton vs Bray would be preferable to go on last over Ziggler vs Miz tells you all you need to know about who they perceive to be stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Though Harper was going to attack bray wyatt too and maybe go out on his own but is id say there building towards an Orton vs Bray/Harper handicap match at Survivor Series. Id love if Orton brought in a 'Sister Abigal' character (maybe one of the NXT divas) to try and defeat the Wyatts
    Is Bray's actual sister still at the Performance Centre? Would make the most sense to be her

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given Styles won with a chair, and the next PPV for Smackdown is TLC, I'd be shocked if we don't get more of Cena/Ambrose/Styles in a chair match or a full blown TLC....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Also they were very vague on what's wrong with Becky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Also they were very vague on what's wrong with Becky.

They seem to be very vauge about any injury these days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah I didn't like that chair finish (I mean why not just do that in any triple threat considering considering how much you point out triple threats = no DQ) but I would also assume it'll play into TLCs booking. I know Cena / Ambrose are supposed to be leaving but one could be written out at TLC with injuries sustained in a triple threat TLC match i'd imagine. Plus I know he could pull double duty but Joe will be working NXT until at least the night before Survivor series (which is when the next takeover is) so if it is him next maybe it'd start with him debuting at the Series or the following Tuesday.

I was happy to see how they dealt with Becky's injury because it suggests they will keep the belt on her. Was interesting how they had the no.1 contender lose though but I guess thats to give them story until either Alexa gets her match vs Becky at TLC. Perhaps we get a little Naomi vs Bliss feud until then.

I think Harper could fit nicely into the IC title seen after a while as they need more depth in that division. For now though I worry that Bray has got 2 "wins" over Randy now from the past 2 PPVs and neither were clean so the feud will go on and most likely only end when Orton wins clean. Even after all this time if they actually got behind Bray with a strong push he could be money.

edit: actua;;y not as much No Mercy talk as you'd expect from the title, more a weekly wrap up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Would have liked to see the Wyatts give Orton a bit of a shoeing to close the show. Maybe even carry him backstage, Minsitry of Darkness style. I dunno, the way it ended just seemed a bit incomplete.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I was happy to see how they dealt with Becky's injury because it suggests they will keep the belt on her. Was interesting how they had the no.1 contender lose though but I guess thats to give them story until either Alexa gets her match vs Becky at TLC. Perhaps we get a little Naomi vs Bliss feud until then.

At least they could build towards Naomi wanting a title shot since she bet the No 1 Contender so they have a re-match where the winner faces Becky at TLC and allows Bliss to get the win

At least they could build towards Naomi wanting a title shot since she bet the No 1 Contender so they have a re-match where the winner faces Becky at TLC and allows Bliss to get the win

Yeah thats exactly the Bliss Naomi feud I was eluding to, plus yeah it's have to be Alexa to go over as she never got the shot she already earned ina no.1 contenders match. Becky will retain no matter who it is but it'd be nice for someone to feud just to be able to face her. Would build the challenger up and make Becky and her title seem a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Orton & Wyatt feud will continue. Great news for the person invested in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

ERG89 wrote: »

IRS?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Neil3030 wrote: »
    IRS?

Ugh, that is one real bad joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

ERG89 wrote: »

We lost our shít at this comment. Kudos.

Advertisement