Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kat Von D / Debenhams UK?

Options
  • 08-10-2016 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

I want to get a present of some of the Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipsticks for someone from the Debenhams UK website.

I have a Parcel Motel address that I can use, but I'm not sure if it will work with my Irish card. Has anybody tried to buy with an Irish credit card and a Parcel Motel address lately? Also, is the stock different on the UK website to the Irish website? Do they get products which are not offered on the Irish website?

Any information appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm confused, are you based in Ireland and shipping to Ireland? If so why not buy off the irish site?
    If you use parcel motel be aware that debenhams will take no responsibility for broken products e.g. smashed powders as you had a third party involved who they'll claim could be responsible for damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Based in Ireland, shipping to Ireland.

I was looking at getting them from the UK site as they are cheaper there and I thought there was a possibility that some items may not be available on the Irish site. Are all products released on the Irish site as well as on the UK site, and if so, are they released at the same time? I think there's some other new item which is wanted as well (this is a gift for somebody).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Based in Ireland, shipping to Ireland.

I was looking at getting them from the UK site as they are cheaper there and I thought there was a possibility that some items may not be available on the Irish site. Are all products released on the Irish site as well as on the UK site, and if so, are they released at the same time? I think there's some other new item which is wanted as well (this is a gift for somebody).

Have you looked to see is there different products on the UK site?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Debenhams UK and Ireland are usually pretty much the same, the only issue would be if one ran out of stock etc.

You'll need to use PM if you want to buy from the UK site to take advantage of the sterling rate, but you'll have additional PM charges so might not work out that much cheaper, and as I've mentioned before, if your have issues with the items it'll be very difficult to get it resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Have you looked to see is there different products on the UK site?

Yes, but as they're not for me, I don't know everything that's wanted yet, and I don't know the whole range, either. I thought somebody here might have done it before and could speak from personal experience.
    GingerLily wrote: »
    Debenhams UK and Ireland are usually pretty much the same, the only issue would be if one ran out of stock etc.

You'll need to use PM if you want to buy from the UK site to take advantage of the sterling rate, but you'll have additional PM charges so might not work out that much cheaper, and as I've mentioned before, if your have issues with the items it'll be very difficult to get it resolved.

I use PM a lot, so I'm confident enough about using them. I actually use them for most of my deliveries inside Ireland since I feel the convenience of not having to arrange to be home or try to get to the delivery depot during office hours is more than worth the money.

Can anyone tell me from previous experience whether or not the UK site and the IE site have the same stock and get new items at the same time? I'm sure there have been releases before which would indicate whether it's likely or not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

From what I can see debenhams uk not excepting parcel motel ireland-the point you are making seems lost on those who replied to it-debenhams uk is cheaper than the irish one hence trying to get it in with parcel motel.

Advertisement