Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Shoes

• 08-10-2016 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Probably a bit of a stupid question but how or where did you pick your shoes for your wedding. I normally only ever wear black wide heel shoes but I suppose for the wedding I should wear white shoes..or I was thinking maybe blue one.. any suggestions as to where you got your shoes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Check out Jenny packham in Debenhams for white/light colour shoes anyway.

Teb Baker have some lovely jewel toned heels at the moment that would be gorgeous if you wanted a bright shoe!

How long is your dress? If it's full length a statement shoe might look odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭recipesforme

Also, if you're going for a white shoe that you know you won't be wearing again (unless the80s come back with a vengence!) you can try amazon. I got myself a pair of ivory-slightly sparkly white shoes for 15 euro including delivery. They're certainly not the most beautiful shoe in the world but if you're anything like me, and not a high-heel fan, then it might be an option for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

Wear what you like.. I love when brides have a reall funky pair of shoes on. Went for disco ball sparkly shoes with a small heal, as there was no way i was walking around in high heels for the day. Got them from Shu in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭hotmatottie10

i ordered a pair of mary janes off ali express im hoping theyre nice if not you live and learn but i dont do high heels ever. i dont like the idea of falling flat on my face. Its such a personal thing isnt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I got nude louboutins for mine and I can wear them again. You definitely don't have to wear white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

I wore gold wedges from lk bennett. Can be worn again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Mine were Apple Green - still the talk of the town. Ordered them from Elegant Steps and they dyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Debenhams have a good selection. Or if you are looking for something mad irregular choice have a wedding range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Got my shoes here:
    https://www.rainbowclub.co.uk/wedding/wedding-shoes

And once the wedding was over, I sent them back and they dyed them black for me so I can continue to wear them. Great service. :)
    (Edit: Free of charge for the re-dye might I add!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭pooch90

I got Rainbow Club shoes too, very comfy. Never got around to getting them dyed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

You don't have to wear white by any means, lots of brides wear something a bit different, especially if the dress covers the shoes most of the time, and you only see them as a pop of colour when you want to.

Something like this could work especially if you're more comfortable with a block heal.

http://www.asos.com/kg-kurt-geiger/kg-by-kurt-geiger-dolly-silver-croc-mid-heeled-shoes/prd/6782510?iid=6782510&clr=Silver&SearchQuery=&cid=21606&pgesize=36&pge=0&totalstyles=37&gridsize=3&gridrow=11&gridcolumn=1

http://www.asos.com/dune/dune-bijoux-nude-patent-ballerina-with-jewel-heel/prd/6704781?iid=6704781&clr=Nudepatent&cid=21606&pgesize=36&pge=0&totalstyles=37&gridsize=3&gridrow=12&gridcolumn=2

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Got my shoes here:
    https://www.rainbowclub.co.uk/wedding/wedding-shoes

And once the wedding was over, I sent them back and they dyed them black for me so I can continue to wear them. Great service. :)
    (Edit: Free of charge for the re-dye might I add!)

These look amazing! How was the sizing?

GingerLily wrote: »

I had no issue with the size. I'm a 5, ordered a 5 and they fit perfectly. Even with my wide feet. Very comfortable also. My only problem with them was that they were a tiny bit slippy on the dance floor. But that may have been the grass on my shoes after the photos.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    GingerLily wrote: »

I had no issue with the size. I'm a 5, ordered a 5 and they fit perfectly. Even with my wide feet. Very comfortable also. My only problem with them was that they were a tiny bit slippy on the dance floor. But that may have been the grass on my shoes after the photos.

Fantastic, I have slightly wider feet, rarely buy wide fits but some shoes can be too narrow etc. I seriously think my wedding shoes are coming from here. How exciting!

What style did you go for out of interest?

I'm thinking if getting wedding toms for dancing :)

They were the 'Julie' ones. Soooooo pretty and feminine but the perfect height so I didnt tower over my shortarse husband. :) And I was concerned that my wife(haha - great typo! I meant WIDE) feet would be sore in the pointy toe but they were so comfortable to wear. Delighted with them. I only changed into sandals for dancing coz I was worried I'd kill myself if I slipped in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭pooch90

I'm a 5 but got a 5.5 in Rainbow Club, was glad I didn't just get a 5 as my feet swelled from being on them all day and being hot.

Advertisement