Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother Over The Top

Options
  • 08-10-2016 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭

Just watched the first one. Hmmmmm..... not sure that I liked it.

Let's say they picked 29 housemates for the two seasons, it seems like the "A" list played during the summer and the "B" list is playing now.

It seems a lot less polished than the main show too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's not even edited together well or anything? In the version episode you watched (I'm assuming we're talking about the Week 1 Round-Up episode and not just live feed clips), did you see them voting at the end or was there just an awkward silence as one by one went into the diary to vote? I got the latter and it was really weird and took away from any positives about the episode.

I'll probably continue watching if it's just the one weekly episode that I need to keep up with, but the only houseguest I find likeable or watchable is Alex (the gamer sister) because she seems to be the most down to earth of any of them... and she's hot...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, weekly summary show, low key eviction, weird awkward lingering shot on curly haired dude (something the UK show was prone to doing).

Like you said, it's just once a week, so maybe I'll warm to it eventually.

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah, weekly summary show, low key eviction, weird awkward lingering shot on curly haired dude (something the UK show was prone to doing).

Like you said, it's just once a week, so maybe I'll warm to it eventually.

If they're only doing it on a weekly, it's only meant to be 10 episodes, which means 9 episode to go. It doesn't give us a huge opportunity to get to know them, but on the other hand it's not much of a time investment for a fairly 'meh' outing.

Also, the competitions are much more low-budget than the usual Big Brother ones.

I haven't watched any more since the first one. Did it improve?

Mr E wrote: »
    I haven't watched any more since the first one. Did it improve?

The second week episode was more of the same, but I found week 3 to be slightly (and I really mean slightly) more engaging. If it was more than one episode a week, I probably wouldn't bother with it, but I guess I'm far enough down the rabbit hole at this stage that I may as well stay on the train. I find most of the houseguests infuriating - losing their **** because they've been put on the block/someone didn't use the veto on them, but there is a feew of them (Alex, Jason, Justin and Scott) that are easy to root for.

• Advertisement

This video is doing the rounds today. The absolute shock news about president Trump. You can't fake reactions like these. :)

Advertisement