Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming issue with EirMobile

Options
  • 08-10-2016 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

I'm in the UK at the moment and the only network I can roam on is EE. Attempts to connect to O2, 3-Uk and Vodafone are being declined. Is this correct? I thought all UK networks could be used??
    Being tied to one network is causing me problems as I'm travelling through rural and remote parts were coverage isn't always available on just one network.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I'm in the UK at the moment and the only network I can roam on is EE. Attempts to connect to O2, 3-Uk and Vodafone are being declined. Is this correct? I thought all UK networks could be used??
    Being tied to one network is causing me problems as I'm travelling through rural and remote parts were coverage isn't always available on just one network.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]PukkaStukka,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, your phone should automatically connect to the preferred network. EE is an English network that your phone has automatically connected to. You should also be able to manually select a network should you wish to do this. What error message are you receiving when trying to manually select a network? Are you experiencing any issues when connected to the EE network?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Hi Pamela

I'm back from the UK now so the immediate alert is over. I had no issues connecting to EE, but in areas where EE was unavailable, the phone lost signal completely and any attempts to automatically or manually connect to any of the other available networks failed. Unfortunately I cannot recall the specific text of the message displayed when the connection attempt failed, but it was something  like "connection refused, this network is currently unavailable". When I regained EE coverage, I again tried to manually connect to the other networks and still experienced the same issue.

pukka.

Hi Pamela

I'm back from the UK now so the immediate alert is over. I had no issues connecting to EE, but in areas where EE was unavailable, the phone lost signal completely and any attempts to automatically or manually connect to any of the other available networks failed. Unfortunately I cannot recall the specific text of the message displayed when the connection attempt failed, but it was something  like "connection refused, this network is currently unavailable". When I regained EE coverage, I again tried to manually connect to the other networks and still experienced the same issue.

pukka.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear that pukka, EE would be a prominent network in the UK. Were you in a particularly rural area?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

It was predominantly northern and western Scotland and parts of the Isle of Skye. Coverage is patchy on all networks in some of these locations. For example, the harbour area of Portree seems only to have O2 available. When trying to select this after loosing my connection to EE that the issue of connecting to non-EE networks became apparent.

I shlould also add that attempting to manually connect to 3 and Vodafone also failed, and I recall trying this around Inverness, Perth, and around Loch Lomond.

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]PukkaStukka,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid as you are not roaming at the minute I would be unable to troubleshoot this further. I would recommend the next time you will be out of the country sending me a PM and I can get out mobile tech team to take a look into this issue you are experiencing.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement