Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best coffee shops Dublin

• 08-10-2016 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

In your opinion what's the best coffee you had in town

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Best, I would have to say in Joe's Coffee at Arnotts. Was just a fantastic cup from start to finish. The beans they were using (from The Barn) were just great, a gorgeous honey taste that perfectly complimented the milk. I generally order flat whites, rarely a filter.

I've had some really killer coffees in Kaph, Blas, and Urbanity. There are other places that have made fantastic coffees like Network on Aungier St, Laine My Love on Talbot St, but their roasts were too light and didn't really work well for a milk coffee in my opinion.

That's a problem facing a lot of the aspiring Third Wave cafes in Dublin, I just don't think they are offering beans with milk drinks in mind. Decor can be a bit of the same also, and I really find it disturbing how they leave the pastries open on the counter. In one of the cafes named above (I won't say) I noticed fruit flies hanging around the cakes. It makes no sense. It's my biggest pet peeve about some of the serious cafes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Joe's filter coffee is one of my favorites. No idea what beans they use for it. For fancy filter Coffee Angel is my favorite though I had one from the Dublin Barista School a week or two ago and it wasn't bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Coffee Angel is consistently excellent. Doesn't matter if its the one off Grafton street or the little kiosk across from the CCD.
    I did have a coffee in Laduree on South William street and it was very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

My favourite by far is Cafe Java in Ballsbridge.
    Lovely staff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Coffee Angel is really good. I usually go to the mobile one at the Sean O'Casey bridge opposite CHQ.

For an espresso I like Il Fornaio on College Green.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I dont drink that much coffee but when I do I go to Two Beans in Dun Laoghaire. Its a bit of a walk from the office and I pass 4/5 other cafes on the way but its well worth it. People are very sound in there as well. Brought the little lad in one weekend and they treated him like a king

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Iolar Iontach

Urbanity most definitely. Awesome café with the added bonus of really great food. I really like Network, too. The food out on counters doesn't bother me at all, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hecmail

There are loads of options great options in Dublin. I really like Proper Order Coffee (just off Smithfield square) and Bang Bang in Phibsborough (uses Silverskin an Irish Roasted Coffee company). Coffee Angel is great too (agreed both the shop and kiosks are good). 3FE make good coffee but they are expenses. If you're looking for food and a coffee, I'd suggest Brother Hubbard (Capel Street) or Two Boys Bew (Phibsborough), or Sister Sadie (off Camden St near Portobello). Art of Coffee (few locations, in Grand Canal Dock or just off Henry St).
    Lots more great places too. Loads of options in Dublin at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Kaph just beside George's arcade is currently my favourite. The coffee doesn't taste burnt and is at the perfect temperature for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Industry on Dury St, opposite Kaph is great. Roasted Brown coffee and killer chocolate brownies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chite

(Mods if ye don't like the idea of people posting on an old thread you can delete/move this - this was the most recent thread on best coffee in Dublin, thought it would be ok to post here than make a new thread.)

Not wholly familiar with Dublin, but going to be near the Grand Canal area and in the Iveagh Gardens this weekend.

Was wondering where's good to go for coffee and food? 3fe and KC Peaches are near where I'll be but I'll consider anywhere that's worth it.
    Cake Café near the Iveagh Gardens looks great from what I've seen for food and coffee, and Brother Hubbard South aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Two Boys Brew and Urbanity are really 'it' for me when I think of a solid food/coffee combo.

Advertisement