Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swirl Cards

• 08-10-2016 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

I am looking for advice re bookies' acceptance of Swirl Cards in particular Pinnacle. I have been using both my regular card and a swirl card for a while to make deposits and my regular card to make withdrawal. I have had no issue until now when I tried to withdraw from Pinnacle. They want me to send a photo of the back and front of the Swirl card before a withdrawal can proceed. Their terms and conditions state that all cards must be in the name of the account holder. If they see a Swirl Card will they refuse to let me withdraw?
    It's a fair chunk of money and I don't want to lose it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

I think you have to pay about a 3% fee to use Swirl Card plus the fee to deposit money on to the card if you use a shop. If you don't use the card for a period of time they will charge an admin fee each month until your balance is €0.

PayPal is free and much handier for times when you don't have to use a credit card (basically the majority of online shops and almost all bookies accept PayPal).

If you want to get a loan/mortgage in the next couple of years I wouldn't recommend using your regular bank card to make gambling deposits or withdrawals. Run everything through PayPal and withdraw to your bank account from PayPal (for free) when you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Very true. I actually have a Swirl card. Handy to have but not as convenient as PayPal for moving money between bookmakers and PayPal is free to deposit and withdraw from bookmakers unlike the Swirl Card, which I don't think you can withdraw to? The opening poster did ask the question in the Gambling forum.

Advertisement