Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer rights

Options
  • 08-10-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,
    I would be grateful if you could assist with the following query.

- I bought an iPad in South Africa just over 2 years ago, whilst living there.
    - due to a defect it was then replaced in Ireland under warranty by an Authorised Reseller.
    - another fault has arisen and I am looking to get it replaced. The warranty has expired but I believe Irish Consumer Law could still apply.
    - the retailer who provided me with the replacement in Ireland has told me that Irish Consumer law does not apply to replacement products, even if those products were under warranty when replaced, as the original purchase was in a non-EU country.

I am surprised by the feedback I have received and would greatly welcome your response.

Cheers,
    BCPK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Your contract is with the shop in south Africa.

Nothing to do with irish seller as you did not hand any money to them.

You can try to deal with apple directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

You should go directly to Apple, far easier than dealing with the reseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

ive dealt with apple a good few times and they will typically offer to sell you a refurbished item at a lot less than retail value as a good will gesture. Would you be happy with that remedy? why dont you call apple direct and see what they will offer.

PS getting a warranty replacement does not reset the warranty period back to the start. l irish consume law has no relevance here.

Advertisement