Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RapidWeaver Mac Web building Software

• 08-10-2016 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I have successfully built my own website using Rapidweaver, edited pictures with PS and now im in the final stage of publishing BUT the mobile version is crap, pictures dont fit and i'm thinking of doing a mobile version of the desktop version. more concise more to the point.

would anyone be interested in helping me at this last final stage as i am having difficulties with understanding mobile version and would like a professional second look

the person im interested in meeting would be someone who knows Rapidweaver
    someone in college of looking for a nixer

please get in touch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

For many (most) websites the largest proportion of visitors are now using portable devices. These devices have a range of screen sizes from 240px up.
    If you have designed your site for desktops with fixed width divs and images it will probably not look well on a mobile device.
    Design for the mobile device first and with css change the styles to adjust for larger screens this is easier than trying to make a desktop design adjust to a smaller screen size.
    Put your page in a container that adjusts its width based on screen width, and use % width rather than px for divs and images (do not set height for images).
    For basic layouts this might be all you need to do. If you have a more complex design then reading up on responsive design might be a good idea.

Advertisement