Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lough ree Pike

• 08-10-2016 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Guys . we are planning to go with friend to lough ree, to catch some Pike. can you advise some good spots there ? near Inny Bay B&B, its would be really nice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ree is best fished from a boat. That B&B arranges boat hire and will advise you on the best spots. They also have private access to a good pike fishing stretch of the Inny river. Have you pike fished before?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GizmoIE

Ree is best fished from a boat. That B&B arranges boat hire and will advise you on the best spots. They also have private access to a good pike fishing stretch of the Inny river. Have you pike fished before?

Yep we was there before. And the best result was in the river. But sizes.... The best was 2kg. But we would like something more. For example I know some good place in Cootehil. Where 2kg is the smallest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

GizmoIE wrote: »
    Yep we was there before. And the best result was in the river. But sizes.... The best was 2kg. But we would like something more. For example I know some good place in Cootehil. Where 2kg is the smallest.

You'll need a boat so.

And 2kg can't be the smallest in Cootehill...they aren't born weighing 2kg. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GizmoIE

You'll need a boat so.

And 2kg can't be the smallest in Cootehill...they aren't born weighing 2kg. ;)

Lol. Of course it's no the smallest. I meant the smallest I got there. And yes boat will be taken for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Your already onto a decent part of the lake....pike will be localised with the water getting colder....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 carlowmanken

Hi,
    How much would a boat cost to hire here? For a full day?

Advertisement