Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to avoid Penalty points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

My advice would be to avoid the above advice. Don't lie in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 davie.j.brady

I didn't lie in court, I told the truth and was punished for it when everyone else lied and made up stories and got anyway with it. It just didn't seem very fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

thread re-opened

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

ModPost deleted; advocating perjury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

NUAC will explain, no doubt:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

What did I miss?

Something to do with this no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

It comes under the "Life is unfair (miscellaneous provisions act) 1992".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

GM228 wrote: »
    Something to do with this no doubt.

So he was yapping on the mobile while driving?

If someone accidentally goes slightly above the speed limit and gets done I'd actually have a wee bit of sympathy but chatting on the phone is never accidental.
    Stupid carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I actually find that the best way to avoid penalty points is to not commit the offence in the first place. But, that's just me. :eek: If I do something and am punished because of it, then I have no one to blame except myself. The law is clear enough.

Using a phone while driving - no excuse at all. You deserve the points and fine. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Driving in a bus lane is an inconvenience to everyone else, and not endangering mine or any other road users life.

Using a hand held mobile phone while driving is extremely dangerous, putting me and all other road users in harms way, and deserves the full wrath of the courts.

How to avoid penalty points: Don't break the law.

Advertisement