Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dive Insurance Advice for Liveaboard Trip

• 08-10-2016 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all
    I am a member of DAN with PADI rescue Diver level qualification with EAN. A friend and I are going diving in Indonesia next year on a liveaboard for 10 nights. As this is the first time I have spent this much on a holiday I want to make sure that I can get insurance which will cover cancellation or delay of flights which has a knock on effect of the whole trip. I also need dive insurance in case (shouldn't do but it can) happen and I need medical assistance.
    I have looked at the DAN insurance and it doesn't look like good for insurance cover and I also presume it is only for diving and not for travel. I intend to visit family and friends for a week or 2 also while I am in that part of the world.

Does anyone have any advice or share a good experience (hard to find) with an insurance company.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Lets keep those bubbles rising
    Gill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

giboyle wrote: »
    Hi all
    I am a member of DAN with PADI rescue Diver level qualification with EAN. A friend and I are going diving in Indonesia next year on a liveaboard for 10 nights. As this is the first time I have spent this much on a holiday I want to make sure that I can get insurance which will cover cancellation or delay of flights which has a knock on effect of the whole trip. I also need dive insurance in case (shouldn't do but it can) happen and I need medical assistance.
    I have looked at the DAN insurance and it doesn't look like good for insurance cover and I also presume it is only for diving and not for travel. I intend to visit family and friends for a week or 2 also while I am in that part of the world.

Does anyone have any advice or share a good experience (hard to find) with an insurance company.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Lets keep those bubbles rising
    Gill

Tbh honest I think you're probably best of having your DAN insurance and a separate travel policy. I have my travel insurance with the AA and I have some kind of diving cover on it but I also have a separate policy for insurance though my CFT membership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Try MultiTrip, my wife had to cancel an Indonesian Liveaboard due to the death of my mother, they paid up following the submission of required documentation. She also has DAN insurance in case the problem is specifically scuba related.

Advertisement