Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kandee Brown Sauce

Options
  • 08-10-2016 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to find it nowadays?

They used to sell them in Dunnes Stores but they are always out of stock or they have stopped selling it. I still see the ketchup one on shelves but not the brown sauce.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got my last one in dealz a good while ago. Not sure if I have seen it since there though.

I might have seen it in an asian supermarket more recently. Or maybe a 2euro type shop.

I think it is high in apples, while most brown sauces are mainly tomato. Tomato may well be first on the list but I think apples were high too. Just in case you want to try one which might be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

rubadub wrote: »
    I got my last one in dealz a good while ago. Not sure if I have seen it since there though.

I might have seen it in an asian supermarket more recently. Or maybe a 2euro type shop.

I think it is high in apples, while most brown sauces are mainly tomato. Tomato may well be first on the list but I think apples were high too. Just in case you want to try one which might be similar.

I might give deals a try. I am rationing it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's not made anymore.

I got the last 20 bottles straight from the factory about a year ago.

Mulrines in Ballybofey made it.

The last best before date is November 2016. I've about 12 bottles in the freezer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Mr Price also sell it.

Still?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Still?

I am almost sure I saw it in Mr Price in Blanch a few months back.

Yeah you probably did. It's not made anymore. November 2016 is the sell by date on the last bottles made.

Just called Mr Price in Cork - they have loads in stock?!

Someone else must be making it!

Best Before date of March 2018 according to the guy I spoke to on the phone.

Now, where did I put my wheel barrow?

The one I got in dealz ages ago was pretty short dated, could have been that 2016 one. Though its only a best before date, stuff like that would be fine a while after.

This catering place do it.

http://curleysqualityfoods.com/?s=kandee&post_type=product

Yeah all my November 2016 stuff is in the freezer for yonks.

Gonna buy another 12 bottles anyway in Mr Price and see what happens. I wonder is someone else making it now? I've reached out to Mulrines to find out the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Is.it nice stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

Mulrines also own the brand so unlikely that someone else is making for them.
    I believe they are mainly doing private label products and juices now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Is.it nice stuff?

Awful cheap ****e, as is the ketchup... and I love them both! I'll be into Mr Price tomorrow... I'll have to hide it from my posh wife... she thinks brown sauce is below us!

Just got 10 bottles.

Just got 10 bottles.
    are you drinking the stuff, is it yourself Colin?

*bad language!*

Some dodgy looks from the cashier :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Lucreto wrote: »

They used to sell them in Dunnes Stores but they are always out of stock or they have stopped selling it. I still see the ketchup one on shelves but not the brown sauce.

I loved this stuff!!

Contact your local Mr Price folks. It's also half the price of supermarkets.

10 bottles for 15 euro haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Can we ask for the recipie?

Let's make our own

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lolobell

Lucreto wrote: »

Is that the watery one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement