Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mushy wrote: »
    8am gig announcement on Nova

Hopefully it's for GNR in Croke Park or Aviva

Who else could it be, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Slayer, Kings Of Leon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »

Hopefully it's for GNR in Croke Park or Aviva

Who else could it be, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Slayer, Kings Of Leon ?

Hopefully so. A WTTJ one appeared in Portugal paper too.

Would MCD really announce 2 massive outdoor gig's in the 1 week (Green Day RHK today/GNR 2morrow) ??

Imagine if it's announced in the morning tickets will go on sale next Thursday 8th/Friday 9th Dec ??. I have a presale code from the GNR fan club for ticket sales

Hope MCD have not forgotten that Slash and Duff have rejoined the band and it's not the same lineup that played here in 06/10/12 and they book them in a small venue as they think it won't sell well lol

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

What sort of teasers?

10 second teaser and appeared about 5 times in the space of one ad break

Surly MCD would make a big deal about A GNR concert announcement and would at least have a 'Watch this space for huge concert news for 2017' thing on there facebook ???. As Nova are making an announcement regarding a gig for next summer I don't think it will be a major one like Guns N Roses!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Their(GnR's)website has a short video clip on it(starting with the intro to Patience) saying "The Machine is back at it in 2017".

More tour announcements/new music perhaps???

Surly MCD would make a big deal about A GNR concert announcement and would at least have a 'Watch this space for huge concert news for 2017' thing on there facebook ???. As Nova are making an announcement regarding a gig for next summer I don't think it will be a major one like Guns N Roses!.

If it's a GnR announcement, this place will go crazy!!!!

If it's a GnR announcement, this place will go crazy!!!!

hopefully and this will go crazy

If its in the Aviva i can a see a repeat of the ACDC 2015 ticket sale and it will sell out in minutes

hopefully and this will go crazy

If its in the Aviva i can a see a repeat of the ACDC 2015 ticket sale and it will sell out in minutes

Hopefully I'll be able to get tickets?? I'm due in hospital for an appointment in the morning. I better remember to book em

Hopefully I'll be able to get tickets?? I'm due in hospital for an appointment in the morning. I better remember to book em

Ticket sale wont be in the morning, it will be next week sometime

It could be an annoucement for someone like Slayer, Megadeth, SOAD etc in a indoor venue. SIXX AM In The Academy anyone ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ticket sale wont be in the morning, it will be next week sometime

It could be an annoucement for someone like Slayer, Megadeth, SOAD etc in a indoor venue. SIXX AM In The Academy anyone ???

SOAD/Prophets of Rage in Kilmainham?

SOAD/Prophets of Rage in Kilmainham?

Nah. They'd be in the 2 Point 3 Arena. Just wondering, is anyone here signed up to any GnR chat room/message board? Anything being mentioned on there re: a possible Dublin gig?

Maybe it's an Announcement for a KISS show in the 3arena next year ???, They announced a few dates including UK ones already

Yeah there's a fair bit of talk about a Dublin GNR gig on Guns N Roses fourms

Maybe it's an Announcement for a KISS show in the 3arena next year ???, They announced a few dates including UK ones already

Yeah there's a fair bit of talk about a Dublin GNR gig on Guns N Roses fourms

Re: A possible Dublin gig: wonder where the info is coming from?

It wasn't a Guns N Roses announcement it was for

ZZ Top at the 3arena for Fri 28th July 2017

The wait goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

MCD won't announce GnR same week as Green Day..
    will be next Monday at the earliest..

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

The wait goes on

2017 is shaping up to be a good year for rock gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The wait goes on
    Good stuff. Saw them earlier this year and they're good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Not to get anyones hopes up, but there's a couple of billboards in dublin, it's the appetite for destruction cover with welcome to the jungle and #gnfnr over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Not to get anyones hopes up, but there's a couple of billboards in dublin, it's the appetite for destruction cover with welcome to the jungle and #gnfnr over it.

Another one that says 'Patience'

• Advertisement

I'd be shocked If no show was to happen after the promoters went to the bother of putting all the stuff up around the place.

Are there any Billboards around Croke Park/3arena or Aviva ???

I'd be shocked If no show was to happen after the promoters went to the bother of putting all the stuff up around the place.

Are there any Billboards around Croke Park/3arena or Aviva ???

It could be a re-release of the album so I'm not getting giddy yet, but I'm quietly confident.

It could be a re-release of the album so I'm not getting giddy yet, but I'm quietly confident.

**** didn't think of that but it seems weird that it would only be advertised in certain places

As GNR are MCD here I can't see it being them for that festival thing be announced Monday

A festival featuring Garth Brooks and Adele (I'm sure Nathan Carter will stick his nose in too lol) would be brilliant for Westport and Enniskillan

A re-release of AFD?? Doubt it? It's already a bona fide classic

A re-release of AFD?? Doubt it? It's already a bona fide classic

Yeah, I'm thinking about like an ultimate edition, b sides, unreleased tracks, live versions, demos etc. Although I don't think it's that.

Wish MCD and GNR would hurry up and announce the show and what venue it's on

Please not Slane Or Punchestown

There South American legs ends tonight so maybe an announcement 2morrow or Friday

There South American legs ends tonight so maybe an announcement 2morrow or Friday

I doubt they'd fill Slane tbh???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Won't be an announcement until after Green Day goes on sale..
    MCD aren't that stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

I see the Green Day concert in Dublin is 18+, anybody know what the Belfast gig would be as I've a 12 year old daughter who would love to go but the age restrictions in Ireland are scuppering my plans to surprise her. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

theboss80 wrote: »
    I see the Green Day concert in Dublin is 18+, anybody know what the Belfast gig would be as I've a 12 year old daughter who would love to go but the age restrictions in Ireland are scuppering my plans to surprise her. Any ideas?

If you go with the 12 year old it should be OK. I am assuming it's an 18+ gig but anyone under needs to be accompanied.

Advertisement