Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Muse for Reading. Wonder will Belfast be done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Just seen someone (Irish person) on a GNR forum has posted that he has been told by a ticketmaster staff member that Guns N' Roses - Slane Castle, 27th May 2017 will be announced on Monday and tickets will be on sale next Friday. Don't shoot the messenger just passing on what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

villa2008 wrote: »
    Just seen someone (Irish person) on a GNR forum has posted that he has been told by a ticketmaster staff member that Guns N' Roses - Slane Castle, 27th May 2017 will be announced on Monday and tickets will be on sale next Friday. Don't shoot the messenger just passing on what I've read.

Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Ooh man, please be true. 25th anniversary of their last appearance there would be epic. Reckon we'll have to stock up on the Nightrain and get ready to crash n burn!!

Layne wrote: »
    Ooh man, please be true. 25th anniversary of their last appearance there would be epic. Reckon we'll have to stock up on the Nightrain and get ready to crash n burn!!

Yeah, hopefully the info is correct. 25th anniversary of their last appearance there. I was there in May 1992, what a day / gig. Still have the ticket. Almost 25 years ago, time really fly's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Yeah, hopefully the info is correct. 25th anniversary of their last appearance there. I was there in May 1992, what a day / gig. Still have the ticket. Almost 25 years ago, time really fly's.

Same as that. Can't say I remember much about the day other than the sun was shining and the beer was flowing!! Went with a few friends and we camped in a farmers field somewhere outside Navan. Remember the crowds outside Slane and the chaos inside. Once the first strains of Nightrain kicked off the place went crazy. The crowd were chanting for 'Get in the Ring' but the band were having none of it. Really was a great gig.

I wonder what layout gnr at Slane will be ??

gold circle, temp seats ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I hope they don't play there? Kip!

I hope they don't play there? Kip!

Plan to get gold circle and stay in Naven or Drogheda

Few b&bs and hotels still available for the 27th May at OK prices!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Plan to get gold circle and stay in Naven or Drogheda

Few b&bs and hotels still available for the 27th May at OK prices!

It hasn't been even announced yet lol

• Advertisement

It hasn't been even announced yet lol

https://twitter.com/philthrill69/status/804358537132539904

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Who's he?..

Could easily be somene who just read it here,,
    And GNR are MCD no?...

Unless the o2 incident turned them off..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Who's he?..

Could easily be somene who just read it here,,
    And GNR are MCD no?...

Unless the o2 incident turned them off..

Dunno who promotes them now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is Slane not normally MCD too?

Dunno who promotes them now?

Aiken - RDS 2006

MCD - The 02 2010 & 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Wonder how the guns n roses changed from Croke Park to Slane.

I'm hopeful now that Garth Brooks will be back next summer with two nights in Croke Park and Cork, Kilkenny and Belfast.

I can imagine things will be announced in January if he is meant to play here.

The Raptor wrote: »
    Wonder how the guns n roses changed from Croke Park to Slane..

Residents possibly or they could market the whole 25th anniversary of the last GNR Slane show better than a standalone CP show

Much prefer CP but have to live with Slane. Why advertise gig's in Dublin If Slane is in another county ???. U don't see the London show being advertised in Liverpool etc

Residents possibly or they could market the whole 25th anniversary of the last GNR Slane show better than a standalone CP show

Much prefer CP but have to live with Slane. Why advertise gig's in Dublin If Slane is in another county ???. U don't see the London show being advertised in Liverpool etc

I really don't see Slane..
    I think Croke Park still..

Slane is definitely a MCD venue anyway!!
    It's it's Aiken it's not Slane!

I hope to **** it's going to be Dublin!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Bieber got Croker. G n R for Slane sadly. So im told. Good source but hope im somehow wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Basically the point in advertising is to draw attention to what you are promoting...

I'm no expert but advertising in a village to a few farmers wouldn't gather much traction I'd have said...Dublin on the otherhand multiple users everyday.

Liverpool is a not a very good comparison big city half a million people, lucky if theres even a thousand people residing in Slane :D

kg703 wrote: »
    Bieber got Croker. G n R for Slane sadly. So im told. Good source but hope im somehow wrong

</snip>

Apparently 10am announcement Monday for a big rock concert ??. Deff Guns N Roses

Didn't knw Bieber was that big to play Croke Park

Source

What? Do you want his phone number?

Apparently 10am announcement Monday for a big rock concert ??. Deff Guns N Roses

Didn't knw Bieber was that big to play Croke Park

Again, heres hoping they got wrong info!

Mushy wrote: »
    Is Slane not normally MCD too?

100% MCD..
    never ever has been Aiken..

the twitter guy just read a post here and ran with it id say..

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

kg703 wrote: »

What do you mean Bieber got Croker? You know these things are planned months and sometimes years in advance? I'm not saying it's not true but I don't think that's how it works.

I think Slane would make sense for GNR since its the anniversary. Don't forget 2017 is also the anniversary of Garth Brooks in Croke Park. I spoke to somebody today who confirmed that there is definitely talking going on in the background for a Garth return, they mentioned multiple venues but also mentioned that it's only likely to happen when his US tour finishes. There are a few important points in this that makes it a no-brainer, Aiken would be silly not to do it with the potential revenue involved, Garth himself has said he wants to return and the GAA have also said they want him back.. That means it's a matter of when and not if.

It's also defo not Garth for Westport/ Enniskillen.

We should probably wait till we see it here:

http://www.gunsnroses.com

Maybe the Pope is going to play Slane lol!?

• Advertisement

What do you mean Bieber got Croker? You know these things are planned months and sometimes years in advance? I'm not saying it's not true but I don't think that's how it works.

I think Slane would make sense for GNR since its the anniversary. Don't forget 2017 is also the anniversary of Garth Brooks in Croke Park. I spoke to somebody today who confirmed that there is definitely talking going on in the background for a Garth return, they mentioned multiple venues but also mentioned that it's only likely to happen when his US tour finishes. There are a few important points in this that makes it a no-brainer, Aiken would be silly not to do it with the potential revenue involved, Garth himself has said he wants to return and the GAA have also said they want him back.. That means it's a matter of when and not if.

It's also defo not Garth for Westport/ Enniskillen.

Sorry bad wording. No idea re:plan for it, when it is, if its true who and when things are booked etc. Just someone in the know who has correctly told me about other gigs and when i seen the posters i asked them was it croker. I would have assumed gareth brooks too, who the hell would organise bieber for Croke Park. I do hope they were wrong or just winding me up. Was only sharing the tidbits i get fed :P

Advertisement