Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,582 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Apparently 10am announcement Monday for a big rock concert ??. Deff Guns N Roses

Didn't knw Bieber was that big to play Croke Park

Did Bieber even sell out 3 Arena Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

kg703 wrote: »
    Sorry bad wording. No idea re:plan for it, when it is, if its true who and when things are booked etc. Just someone in the know who has correctly told me about other gigs and when i seen the posters i asked them was it croker. I would have assumed gareth brooks too, who the hell would organise bieber for Croke Park. I do hope they were wrong or just winding me up. Was only sharing the tidbits i get fed :P

Wait till you get concrete info IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Bieber even sell out 3 Arena Dublin?

Both dates in about 8 minutes yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 86,582 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Both dates in about 8 minutes yeah

Sorry :D

Lol

• Advertisement

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057676812/6/#post101841200

According to this thread, it's going to be some sort of festival type gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It is pretty much a given that a Metallica 2017 Europe tour announcement is a matter of when and not if?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It is pretty much a given that a Metallica 2017 Europe tour announcement is a matter of when and not if?

There doing a American stadium summer tour next summer

Maybe a small arena tour in autum 2017 and then a few festivals and outdoor gig's in the summer of 2018

Love to see them in the 3arena but depends on the stage layout of the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Wait till you get concrete info IMO

Does the name of the thread not include rumours? Theres a rumour. Jesus. People are so touchy Ill keep all my info to myself in future lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ZenV

Adele just announced 2 additional Wembley gigs for summer 2017, so thats 4 gigs in total.

Adele for Croke Park doesn't seem so off the wall now does it ???!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

ZenV wrote: »
    Adele just announced 2 additional Wembley gigs for summer 2017, so thats 4 gigs in total.

Adele for Croke Park doesn't seem so off the wall now does it ???!

Email I got said it was the last dates for 2017.

Bieber is announcing a stadium tour soon in the US, so maybe it's true about him. Would think the Aviva would be better for him.

Mr.S wrote: »
    GNR are playing Croke Park not Slane unless things have changed in last week!

Wish that was the case but strong sources are saying its Slane

If it was Croke Park the press conference Monday morning would be there not bruxelles

Hope ur right though

Might go to London or Glasgow If they play stadiums there or give in to Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

GNR are playing Croke Park not Slane unless things have changed in last week!

If it was Croke Park the press conference Monday morning would be there not bruxelles

Hope ur right though

What strong sources have mentioned Slane? One on twitter said Slane and Aiken, but Slane is MCD and GNR last visits have been MCD too.

I think we all know a date is confirmed, just need to announce. Not much can be done on the venue.

I'd be inclined to stick with Croke Park as my feeling, nothing has indicated Slane will happen, Coldplay could've done more shows but there's a reason they haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hope ur right though

is Bruxelles actually the venue of the press conference? is that not a fairly dingy bar off Grafton St.? :confused:

is Bruxelles actually the venue of the press conference? is that not a fairly dingy bar off Grafton St.? :confused:

Yeah where's this info coming from?

Using bruxelles cos it's the rock bar of town.

Still, least it doesn't confirm Slane anyway.

Mushy wrote: »

almost confirms it as the Aviva and Croke Park have top class conference facilities and if the gig was on in one of them venues than the annoucement would be there ??

Mushy wrote: »

almost confirms it as the Aviva and Croke Park have top class conference facilities and if the gig was on in one of them venues than the annoucement would be there ??

Not necessarily. While it would make a lot of sense to do it that way, they may not book out the facilities as the band won't be there. I'm seeing Bruxelles as a symbol for rock music and GNR being one of the biggest bands in the genre, tis why they chose there. Could be way off the mark too, who knows.

And dates/venues will be leaked beforehand (I hope).

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Saw this poster on Pearse St of the GnR pistol logo wioth the word PATIENCE on top.. looks official... Apparently they did the same teaser posters in the US cities this year... 
    Its on..

• Advertisement

Fender76 wrote: »
    Saw this poster on Pearse St of the GnR pistol logo wioth the word PATIENCE on top.. looks official... Apparently they did the same teaser posters in the US cities this year... 
    Its on..

They're all over Europe apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Justin Bieber just played the 3arena at the beginning of November. Would he really come back so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The Raptor wrote: »
    Justin Bieber just played the 3arena at the beginning of November. Would he really come back so soon.

He sold 25,000 tickets in 8 minutes, of course he'd come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Thats not how PR works though.

Bruxelles = a bit of novelty and a different location for a press call so gives more coverage. Sometimes the venue can stipulate the press announcement must be in-house as part of the package, but not always.

Could be wrong of course! I have zero interest in GNR so didn't pursue but we heard that GNR where about to close on croke park, never heard anything about Slane or aviva, was always Croker.

But keep in mind that the promoters will have alternative venue options lined up too, so I guess Slane or Aivva isn't out of the question (although Aviva would be an odd one)

Bonus hint: look at the various different hotel prices in the Croker area for the rumoured dates.

It's obviously Slane.. They posted on their Facebook page that Slane 2017 will be announced on Monday.

Thats not how PR works though.

Bruxelles = a bit of novelty and a different location for a press call so gives more coverage. Sometimes the venue can stipulate the press announcement must be in-house as part of the package, but not always.

Could be wrong of course! I have zero interest in GNR so didn't pursue but we heard that GNR where about to close on croke park, never heard anything about Slane or aviva, was always Croker.

But keep in mind that the promoters will have alternative venue options lined up too, so I guess Slane or Aivva isn't out of the question (although Aviva would be an odd one)

Bonus hint: look at the various different hotel prices in the Croker area for the rumoured dates.

It's obviously Slane.. They posted on their Facebook page that Slane 2017 will be announced on Monday.

It's not the real Facebook page for Slane. Real one has nearly 30k followers, this one has under 3k.

Independent has it down as Croker.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/legends-guns-n-roses-tipped-to-rock-at-croke-park-in-2017-35265062.html

Dave fanning said the same apparently

Hope it's true

If its the weekend of 26/27 May than Dublin will be manic as the Pro 12 final is on in the Aviva

Music scene Ireland posted a status

'BIG ANNOUNCEMENT INCOMING AT 10.30AM ON MONDAY. All you need is a little patience. Tag a friend who needs to know.'

Deff GNR but for Slane or Croke Park ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

It was mentioned in the Irish Times yesterday that Trinity might he used to host 5,000 capacity gigs during the summer. Not sure if it meant outdoors or in a marquee.

Alt-J, James Vincent McMorrow and Lord mentioned as possible acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

lc180 wrote: »
    It was mentioned in the Irish Times yesterday that Trinity might he used to host 5,000 capacity gigs during the summer. Not sure if it meant outdoors or in a marquee.

Alt-J, James Vincent McMorrow and Lord mentioned as possible acts.

How many fit in Iveagh Gardens? Seem a similar venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

It looks like this guy might be someone to follow for future gig announcements. He seems to be in the know.

Advertisement