Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭T.V Eye

Jesus and Mary Chain, April 7th in the Academy.

The last time I seen them it was pretty good... few false starts and on-stage rows which is kinda their thing I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bon Jovi too play Rock in Rio on the 22nd September 2017

There US/Canadian Tour runs from 8 Feb-11th April 2017. So possibly a Euro tour in the summer of 2017

An RDS Arena or Aviva stadium date here next summer may happen

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bon Jovi too play Rock in Rio on the 22nd September 2017

There US/Canadian Tour runs from 8 Feb-11th April 2017. So possibly a Euro tour in the summer of 2017

An RDS Arena or Aviva stadium date here next summer may happen

With the RDS being used for Bieber i can see Bon Jovi playing their too

With the RDS being used for Bieber i can see Bon Jovi playing their too

Only time I saw them was the first night there in 2011 and the setlist and performance was incredible.
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bon-jovi/2011/rds-arena-dublin-ireland-4bd37ba6.html

had Slane tickets in 2013 but got a refund after Sambora bailed but heard it was a good show regardless

Although the new album was average and Phil X is not as good as Richie, I think I will head to see them if they play a stadium/arena here next year

David Guetta :rolleyes::rolleyes: and Run DMC co headlining Isle of Wight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Only time I saw them was the first night there in 2011 and the setlist and performance was incredible.
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bon-jovi/2011/rds-arena-dublin-ireland-4bd37ba6.html

had Slane tickets in 2013 but got a refund after Sambora bailed but heard it was a good show regardless

Although the new album was average and Phil X is not as good as Richie, I think I will head to see them if they play a stadium/arena here next year

Paid €102 for the Rds gig in 2011 and while the set list was amazing the sound was an actual disgrace. Was in the stand and could barely hear them. It was like I was in the rds listening to a concert in the Aviva. Good call on bailing on Slane it was the worst I've ever seen them it's just not the same without Richie Sambora. I hope if they come back they play elsewhere.

Wellyd wrote: »
    Paid €102 for the Rds gig in 2011 and while the set list was amazing the sound was an actual disgrace. Was in the stand and could barely hear them. It was like I was in the rds listening to a concert in the Aviva. Good call on bailing on Slane it was the worst I've ever seen them it's just not the same without Richie Sambora. I hope if they come back they play elsewhere.

Apparently Richie is no better now since he left the name. Heard he was terrible when he supported bad company here. A reunion tour will happen in a few years I'd say

Like to see BJ play the Aviva

Love a rolling stones Croke Park show also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

looks like the Monday of Forbidden Fruit is a standalone gig, like they had a few years ago
    We are delighted to make our first announcement for Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017! On Monday 5th June, we can reveal an incredibly special evening of music headlined and curated by Bon Iver with special guests Flying Lotus, Lisa Hannigan, The Staves, Gordi and Paul Thomas Saunders plus many more to be announced!

Tickets for Monday June 5th go on sale at 9am, Monday, 19th December via www.ticketmaster.ie and usual outlets and are priced at €59.50

www.forbiddenfruit.ie

aSRDg20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

looks like the Monday of Forbidden Fruit is a standalone gig, like they had a few years

You can buy early bird tickets for 2 or 3 days. It's says Sat, Sunday & Monday.

Every year the organisers seem to switch music genre or format. I would buy a weekend ticket now would be afraid they'd announce someone mental like 50 Cent as headliner on Saturday. No consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

so they say, but it feels a bit different to the rest of the festival if Bon Iver is curating the whole day and they're announcing it first on its own.
    will be interesting to see if they have a full 6 stages open on the Monday, considering 3 were all DJs and 1 was Comedy last year...
    was it Patti Smith a few years ago that was apparently part of the festival on the Monday but only had 2 stages?
    you're spot on about what they could announce for the rest of the festival, could be anything really!

• Advertisement

The Weeknd now announced for Roskilde

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

lc180 wrote: »
    You can buy early bird tickets for 2 or 3 days. It's says Sat, Sunday & Monday.

Every year the organisers seem to switch music genre or format. I would buy a weekend ticket now would be afraid they'd announce someone mental like 50 Cent as headliner on Saturday. No consistency.

:pac: very true! I won't be around for it this year but they really don't seem to know what they want to be, the past few years have been such a mixed bag. Last year they announced Tame Impala, Underworld, Kiasmos, Flume in the first announcement but it went downhill in the next few announcements. If I was going I'd definitely wait a bit longer to buy a ticket this year! Having said that I've always had a really good time every year I've gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

so they say, but it feels a bit different to the rest of the festival if Bon Iver is curating the whole day and they're announcing it first on its own.
    will be interesting to see if they have a full 6 stages open on the Monday, considering 3 were all DJs and 1 was Comedy last year...
    was it Patti Smith a few years ago that was apparently part of the festival on the Monday but only had 2 stages?
    you're spot on about what they could announce for the rest of the festival, could be anything really!

If I remember correctly, Patti Smith was always advertised as a standalone gig the Monday after FF until the very very end when they released information that those with FF weekend tickets/bands would also be allowed into the gig. I imagine due to low ticket sales and a foul weather forecast, again IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Justin Bieber - RDS June 21st confirmed!

Anyone see the prices ,they are ridiculous .
    106 euro for standing ,143 for golden circle.
    Most of the seats are 143 euro ,even the North stand are 106-143 euro .:eek:

The prices for his outdoor gig are alot more expensive than the ones he played in the 3arena last month ,bit of a farce that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Zardoz wrote: »
    Anyone see the prices ,they are ridiculous .
    106 euro for standing ,143 for golden circle.
    Most of the seats are 143 euro ,even the North stand are 106-143 euro .:eek:

The prices for his outdoor gig are alot more expensive than the ones he played in the 3arena last month ,bit of a farce that.

Outdoor is always more expensive?..

Much bigger production/insurance costs,.
    And rental costs also!

bennyl10 wrote: »

And rental costs also!

Not necessarily as the larger capacity easily offsets the extra charges.

Both Pendulum and Knife Party announced for Nova Rock nextyear . Would love to see Knife Party

AC_2017_3-724x1024.jpg

very much doubt there will be an Irish show. Saw him support Def leppard (3arena 2011) and Motley Crue (Manchester 2015) he puts on an amazing show but dont think a solo show here would sell well

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bennyl10 wrote: »

And rental costs also!

also generally worse sound, worse view, worse bar setup, worse toilets, higher transport costs to & from the gig, nightmare getting home, risk of crap weather -probably a few I am missing.

I have pretty much given up on any outdoor gigs. I value them far far less than an indoor alternative. If it costs 10times more to put on an outdoor gig I could not care less, I value it far less, and reckon most do. The outdoor one can be far more profitable as they can sell a lot more tickets overall, while giving a worse experience. Though I accept some might pefer the "atmosphere" of bigger gigs, I think most are terrible value.

I remember ACDC played the point/O2 and it was cheaper than the second gig in punchestown which was on soon enough after. And with bus/coach tickets to punchestown it would have been a lot more for most.

rubadub wrote: »
    also generally worse sound, worse view, worse bar setup, worse toilets, higher transport costs to & from the gig, nightmare getting home, risk of crap weather -probably a few I am missing.

I have pretty much given up on any outdoor gigs. I value them far far less than an indoor alternative. If it costs 10times more to put on an outdoor gig I could not care less, I value it far less, and reckon most do. The outdoor one can be far more profitable as they can sell a lot more tickets overall, while giving a worse experience. Though I accept some might pefer the "atmosphere" of bigger gigs, I think most are terrible value.

I remember ACDC played the point/O2 and it was cheaper than the second gig in punchestown which was on soon enough after. And with bus/coach tickets to punchestown it would have been a lot more for most.

I agree wholeheartedly with you ,an indoor gig is always going to be superior to an outdoor gig.

Another huge factor especially in Ireland is the lighting issue .
    An outdoor concert in the middle of the summer will be bright for alot of the concert diminishing the lighting effects.

I try to see bands/artists indoors in as small a venue as possible.
    Its great to get up close so that you can see the facial expressions of the band instead of watching on a tv screen .
    Easier to get a good spot,easier to go to the toilet (although I have never had the need ) and return to place,no risk of rain etc.

Maybe I'm spoilt for choice as Ive seen most of my favourite bands up close mostly in the Marquee in Cork and the 3arena .
    I've also travelled abroad specially to see a band indoors if they were not playing indoors in Ireland ,it makes a nice centrepiece for a trip.

As I'm getting older I don't like outdoor gigs as much ,they are poor value and more hassle .
    I'm of the belief that I need to see an act up close to get value for money ,otherwise I dont have the same enthusiasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Phil Collins June 25th Aviva Stadium tickets €90ish

15590049_10154961719834548_4832844317599001670_n.jpg?oh=cff42066c0f5642d00333cede43362fa&oe=58FC4384

didnt expect that. Not my cup of tea but i think it will sell out

So no Bon Jovi for Aviva then ???

Phil Collins June 25th Aviva Stadium tickets €90ish

Tickets from 90 euro excluding fees
    Not my cup of tea but i think it will sell out

If the prices are anything like the French,German and Hyde Park ones then there isn't a hope he will sell it out .
    Diamond circle in London is over 500 euro :eek:

Ive a feeling that Phil is taking on far too much considering his many health issues.
    He has a very hectic schedule ,5 gigs in 6 nights in London ,then a night off before 5 gigs in a week in Germany ,one night off then 5 gigs in 6 nights in Paris.
    So 15 gigs in 20 days ,I think it could end in tears.

Ireland is busy for gigs next year

Id say More too come too

Ireland is busy for gigs next year

Id say More too come too

$$$$$$$$$$$
    The celtic tiger is back so artists will continue to come here as they can charge alot more than most other countries they play.

A-Ha have announced an acoustic tour for late 2017 early 2018 .

It would be great if they played a gig in Ireland although its unlikely as they strangely havent played here since 2002 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

15590049_10154961719834548_4832844317599001670_n.jpg?oh=cff42066c0f5642d00333cede43362fa&oe=58FC4384

didnt expect that. Not my cup of tea but i think it will sell out

So no Bon Jovi for Aviva then ???

I can't wait for this!! Work there as well so will be able to see/hear most of it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

I don't think Phil Collins will be a big enough draw for the Aviva.

I heard that U2s 2017 tour will be a tour celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the Joshua Tree (the album will be performed in full every night). looking like it may be another 4 nights in the 3arena and 2 nights in belfast again but With Croke Park still having 2 concert slots and the new PUC opening you never know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Apparently Richie is no better now since he left the name. Heard he was terrible when he supported bad company here. A reunion tour will happen in a few years I'd say

Like to see BJ play the Aviva

Love a rolling stones Croke Park show also

Saw Richie support Bad Company in Manchester and he was really good.

Thought Bon Jovi would have announced a European tour by now as well.

Advertisement